Join Hosco and view Shuk's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am currently graduated from Master in Business Administration in France, major in Wine Marketing and Management. Originally from Hong Kong with an international education background and professional working experience. After being Head Sommelier and Assistant Restaurant Manager in the high-end luxury hospitality segment in Dubai and Thailand, work experience has given me much skill in understanding and analyzing consumers' expectations and customer services as well as cultural attitudes towards global hosiptality industry. I am ambitious, focused, self-motivated and very passionate about the hospitality industry.
Head Sommelier & Assistant Manager
Atlantis The Palm - The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, United Arab EmiratesF&B serviceJuly 2015 - July 2016
1) Manage 5 stars luxury standard of the restaurant operation and customer services. 2) Wine cellar management and wine list development including pre-opening for Atlantis new Lebanese restaurant “Ayamna”. 3) Monitor daily and monthly restaurants performance and beverage store costing. 4) Conduct wine training to the F&B team. 5) Organize wine or spirits luxury events with brand ambassador from Pernod Ricard and Brown Forman at the hotel.
Resort Sommelier & Assistant Manager
Anantara Dubai The Palm Resort & Spa - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesF&B serviceJune 2014 - June 2015
1) In charge of restaurant operation, wine services, wine and food pairing recommendation. Take care VIP guests. 2) Create wine selection and offer for room mini bars, villa, dine by designs and banquet. 3) Control the costs and stocks of beverage store. 4) Conduct wine training to F&B team. 5) Responsible for wine purchasing , negotiation with suppliers and wine list development. 6) Organize effectively with Treasury Wine Estate and launched wine tasting , wine training and promotional events at the hotel.
Assistant Beverage Manager
Boathouse Resorts & Spa - Phuket, ThailandF&B serviceJune 2013 - June 2014
1) Offer daily food wine services and wine-pairing recommendation to the guests. 2) Cellar management (Wine Spectator awarded cellar with over 800 unique labels over 17 countries.) 3) Develope wine list, wine pairing degustation menu and all wine menu for festive events. 4) Assist planning and organize wine dinner and wine tasting events. 5) Conduct wine training to the F&B team.
Cruise Bar, Restaurants & Events - Sydney, AustraliaF&B serviceApril 2012 - April 2013
1) Offer wine recommendation, high quality wine and customer services. 2) Wine Ordering and daily wine inventory. 3) Provide food and beverage services.
Master of Business Administration
INSEEC Business School - Bordeaux, FranceSeptember 2016 - July 2017
INSEEC is highly regarded for developing business leaders especially within the Luxury Food and Wine Industry. International working professionals focus with lectures in areas such as marketing, communication, luxury branding, sales, services and management. My major specialized in Wine Marketing & Management with additional coursework in general business and technical aspects.
WSET Level 3 Award
Wine & Spirit Education Trust - London, United KingdomNovember 2015 - November 2015
Passed with Distinction (Blind Tasting) Merit (Theory)
Food & Beverage Skills Certificate
Training Course Professionals - Sydney, AustraliaFebruary 2012 - February 2013
Learning the necessary skills needed for Food & Beverage industry.
Professional Sommelier Certificate
Sydney Wine Academy - Sydney, AustraliaFebruary 2012 - February 2013
Specialist training in the field of sommelier and covers knowledge of both Australian and imported wine, and skills in the sales and service of wine. Providing advice on food and beverage matching, the management of a wine outlet and specialist knowledge on beer, spirits and liqueurs is also included: Wine list compilation Wine list design and costing Cellar management On premise marketing and promotion of wines Specialist knowledge in beers, spirit and liqueurs Selecting wines Wine service Specialist knowledge on Australian wine and international wines Food and wine recommendations Systematic approach to tasting wines Role and duties of a sommelier
EnglishNative or fluent100%
ChineseNative or fluent100%
- Customer Service Skils
- Diploma Wine Sommelier
- Excellent communicator
- F&B knowledge
- F&B micros
- MsWord, Excel &Powerpoint;
- organize wine & spirit tasting or events
- Upselling skills