Join Hosco and view Sofia's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Professional, creative, a team-worker and willing to learn with a can do attitude!
Groups & Events Executive
Marsa Malaz Kempinski The Pearl Doha - Doha, QatarSales & MarketingJune 2018 - Now · 7 months
- Responding to groups and events inquires, for corporate and destination wedding clients (MICE, outside caterings and social events). - Conducting property site visits; delivering proposals for groups up to 1200 guests; generating contracts; and planning definite events (issuing Banquet Event Orders and group resumes, dealing with suppliers, liaising with responsible departments to assure flawless rooming lists, events operation and invoicing). *Sales & Marketing departmental trainer, responsible for G-Leads online platform.
Meetings & Special Events Executive
The Ritz-Carlton Abama - Santa Cruz de Tenerife, SpainEventsApril 2017 - March 2018 · 12 months
Coordinator of Meetings & Special Events
The Ritz-Carlton Abama - Santa Cruz de Tenerife, SpainEventsDecember 2015 - July 2017 · 1 year and 8 months
- After group contracts are handover by the Sales department, responsibilities include liaising with the meeting planners, suppliers and other departments within the hotel to ensure all the event details are looked after, preparing all documentation and coordinating activities. Management of corporate, incentive and catering groups throughout pre-event planning, event operations management while the group is in-house and post-event phases. - Use of Opera PMS and Opera Sales & Catering, generating proposals, forecast and up-selling reports, group detailed proforma invoices, supplier's purchase orders, use of BirchStreet, generating Banquet Event Orders, Group Resumes, management of team's weekly schedules, supervision and guidance of MSE Concierge team. *Marriott Certified Interviewer since July/2017 *Departmental Trainer since January/2017 *MSE Mystique, Gallup and REACT champion *Cross-trainings and Lateral Services in Sales, F&B, Rooms, Quality and Finance
The Ritz-Carlton Abama - Santa Cruz de Tenerife, SpainEventsMay 2015 - March 2016 · 11 months
Events Concierge for in-house activities, catering groups, weddings and corporate programs. Worked closely with Meeting Planners, MSE Coordinators and hotel’s operational teams, ensuring high standards were met on all meetings, banquets and other caterer affairs.
HOSTESS / RESERVATIONS AGENT
Bulgari Hotel London - London, United KingdomF&B serviceFebruary 2015 - September 2015 · 8 months
Welcoming and seating guests at Rivea (by Alain Ducasse); Managing bookings and organizing reservations and table allocations both for the restaurant, bar and PDRs using OpenTable system.
HOSPITALITY & PROMOTIONAL EVENTS OPERATIONS
LOLA Events Staffing - London, United KingdomEventsJune 2014 - August 2015 · 1 year and 3 months
Regular positions include (but are not limited to): Hotels - Hostess and Cocktail Hostess at Rosewood London Hotel (greeting and seating guests, taking orders, opening/closing bills using F&B Micros System and processing payments using a Portable Card Machine). - Hostess at Shangri-La Hotel at The Shard; Marriott Park Lane Hotel (greeting and seating guests). - MICE Hostess at Claridge’s Hotel (greeting and registering guests, managing the meetings schedule). - Events Hospitality Team at Hotel Cafe Royal; Shangri-La Hotel at The Shard; Claridge's Hotel; Hilton Hotel Metropole; Conrad St James; Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square; Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel (numerous tasks including silver and plated service, wine waiting and canapé receptions). - Cloakroom Attendant at Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square; St Pancras Renaissance Hotel; Conrad St James. Event Venues - Hostess at Al Rayan Bank; Taylor Wessing (greeting guests upon arrival, cloakroom management). - MICE Hostess at Spitfire House (re
MARKETING COORDINATOR INTERN
Contraband International Ltd - London, United KingdomSales & MarketingFebruary 2014 - September 2014 · 8 months
Office assistance (e.g. answering phones, greeting artistes) and occasional personal assistance to the MD Archie Archer; Digital Content Management/SEO; Blog Copywriting; Social Media.
ENTERTAINER AND ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR
Kidzania Lisboa - Lisbon, PortugalGuest RelationsJuly 2013 - March 2014 · 9 months
Management of groups and activities by the “Company of Arts”.
EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT INTERN
Porto Bay Hotels & Resorts - Funchal, PortugalEventsMarch 2013 - September 2013 · 8 months
Coordination of various activities; assistance on regular events (production, logistics, invitations and guest relations); development and delivery of all promotional materials.
HEALTH CLUB TRAINEE
Penha Longa Hotel SPA & Golf Resort - Sintra, PortugalSpa & WellnessSeptember 2012 - March 2013 · 7 months
Management of all Health Club facilities; reception/hostess duties; processing payments and receipts using Micros System; opening and closing of all amenities.
GUEST RECOGNITION TRAINEE
Penha Longa Hotel SPA & Golf Resort - Sintra, PortugalGuest RelationsJune 2012 - December 2012 · 7 months
Dealing with all VIP and returning guests; relationship management including follow ups on reservations and stays; handing out welcome letters and amenities; VIP hotel show-rounds.
HOSTESS & USHER
Companhia do Chapitô - Lisbon, PortugalPublic RelationsAugust 2006 - December 2008 · 2 years and 5 months
Front of house; welcoming and ushering the audience of various theatre and circus shows.
Events Management Course
Fitzwilliam Institute Group - London, United KingdomSeptember 2014 - December 2014
Leisure Management and Tourism Entertainment
ESHTE Escola Superior de Hotelaria e Turismo do Estoril [ EURHODIP - International Association supporting Hospitality and Tourism Education and Training ] - Estoril, PortugalSeptember 2011 - September 2014
PortugueseNative or fluent100%
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Available to travel
- Corporate Events
- Department Trainer
- Events Planning
- Highly dedicated
- Learning and Development
- Like travelling
- Multicultural experience
- Opera Sales & Catering
- Problem resolving
- Special events
- Stong team work
- Upselling skills
- Very organized