Join Hosco and view Sujeewa's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am a HR professional with total of 10 years working experience. I have a vast experience in 5* hospitality industry / Real Estate and Manufacturing industry experience in UAE. I am well verse with UAE labor law / insurance system / Visa process/ labor immigration process and other processes in UAE.
Emirates Home Nursing L.L.C - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesHuman ResourcesSeptember 2017 - Now · 1 year and 6 months
• Leading the HR team / Admin team and the Company Drivers for both companies. • Responsible of all HR functions in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi • Managing recruitment for including but not limited to screening / short listing / scheduling / interviewing / preparing offers / initiating the Visa Process / arranging travel and arrival / onboarding / Induction. • Implemented and maintaining a comprehensive HR data base for both companies with easy access to all types of employee related documents in digital form and in hard folders as required by the DHA and DOH. • Closely working with Head Office Finance and HR teams by maintaining cooperate requirements to maintain the bond. • Monitoring employee wages / monthly pays / commissions / OT/ deductions etc. • Managing employee vacation planner for both companies. • Conducting periodic performance evaluations for all level employees. • Implemented and guiding the team on tracking on all probation expirations / Employee Contract Expirations / Visa expirations / trade license expirations / Facility license expirations etc. • Initiating the process of necessary licensing related to various government bodies including DHA / DOH. • Initiating the process of Company vehicles registrations / insurances etc. • Working closely with property development agents / Land lords on finding / confirming and signing agreements for employee accommodations. • Conducting periodic internal HR audits within the two companies to ensure HR Standards are followed. • Conducting exit interviews / Initiating Final Pay settlements. • Monitoring employee attendances system for both companies and processing the monthly payroll. • Managing / updating Employee JDs as and when needed. • Monitoring the Visa Process and Visa renewals. • Implementation of various HR Policies. • Guiding the team on Employee vacations monitoring / Tickets bookings etc. • Being responsible for all types of disciplinary actions and couching. • Arranging of basic mandatory trainings such as First Aid / BLS. • Office Management • Ordering / distributing / inventorying the office supplies • Providing monthly reports including but not limited to Monthly turn over / New Joiners information’s / vacation reports. Etc.
Signature Snacks L.L.C - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesHuman ResourcesMay 2016 - August 2017 · 1 year and 4 months
• Manpower Planning / Budgeting and Forecasting • Managing employee benefits • Introduced and managed the employee recognition program. • Leading all types of employee gatherings / Annual Party / Quarterly meetings with higher managements and employees. • Employee engagement surveys / market salary surveys were conducted as and when required. • All level employees Insurance was done on time by obtaining quotations/ reviewing the policies and negotiating with best service providers in the market with a lower cost after all negotiations. (Saving was at least AED 170,000 comparatively to the previous year and the renewal terms) • Negotiated with travel agencies and found the best service with a better rate for employee flights. • Trade License renewals / Vehicles renewals / Offices lease extensions and all types of other related contracts renewals were on time with no penalties or delays ever. • Rented Staffs accommodations by studying the real estate market for the best price / Ejari / Emicool / DEWA / Accommodation furniture’s and moving of employees were very well planned with the team and successfully handled. • Outsource manpower needs were arranged on time for the best rates and best services. Minimized extra expenses / cost savings as below. i) Fulfilled recruitment needs through Social media and sources where we found the best candidates without going through recruitment companies. – saved at least AED 250,000/-. ii) Employees OT were closely monitored and cut down the cost of unnecessary OT hours.
Sheraton Grand Dubai - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesHuman ResourcesOctober 2014 - May 2016 · 1 year and 8 months
Pre Opening HR process Visa Process Data Base implementation and updates ERP updates Ticketing Payroll Colleagues Activities Locker allocations Daily HR Operation
Grand Millennium Al Wahda - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesHuman ResourcesNovember 2011 - September 2014 · 2 years and 11 months
Daily HR Operation Employee needs such as Letters / inquiries etc Filing system Vacations Ticketing Staff meetings Cafeteria Monitoring Transportation Monitoring Payroll Bank Accounts
Fairmont Dubai - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesEngineering & MaintenanceMay 2008 - November 2011 · 3 years and 7 months
Full day to day operation of Engineering department including Maintenance requests handling and delegation / Software udpates / Purchase Orders / Incoming and outgoing calls and e mails. / Department gatherings / Meetings / One point contact for all inquires / Secretarial work for chief Engineer
Human Resources Management
National Academy - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesJanuary 2011 - January 2012
Cambridge Univercity Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management
Institute of Bankers Sri Lanka - Colombo, Sri LankaJanuary 2007 - January 2008
Banking and Finance
SinhalaNative or fluent100%
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- compensation and Benefits
- decisions making
- Employee engagement
- Manpower planning
- Talent aquisition
- Training and Development