Join Hosco and view sumesh's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Passionate Leader with over 13 years’ experience in hospitality, expertise in managing Banquet Operations, Conferencing and Outdoor Catering. Professional Food and Beverage experience with expertise in Beverages, Restaurant, and Training Team Members. Committed in driving department successfully without compromising on quality. Make a difference and contribute to the success of the team by actively aligning and engaging resources to enhance performance. Skilled in developing strategies and driving innovation and improvement processes with a strong focus on Customer Satisfaction and Revenue Management. Hands on leadership with the team to achieve results and set standards. Experience in Pre-Opening projects and management of the development team.
Assistant Banquet Manager
Novotel Dubai Al Barsha - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesF&B serviceJanuary 2016 - Now · 2 years and 12 months
The Good Earth Group - Nairobi, KenyaManagementJanuary 2015 - January 2016 · 1 year and 1 month
The Foodale India Pvt Ltd - Bengaluru, IndiaManagementApril 2014 - January 2016 · 1 year and 10 months
Assistant Banquet Manager
The Leela Palaces Hotels and Resorts - Chennai, IndiaF&B serviceNovember 2011 - April 2014 · 2 years and 6 months
The Leela Palaces Hotels and Resorts - Bengaluru, IndiaF&B serviceMay 2005 - October 2011 · 6 years and 6 months
Diploma In Hotel and Management
University of Kerala - Hospitality and Tourism Management - Thiruvananthapuram, IndiaApril 2003 - December 2005
Completed diploma in hotel management with Job Training specialized in Food and Beverage Service
University of Calicut - Kozhikode, IndiaApril 1998 - August 2002
Completed bachelor of commerce
- Banquet and Conference
• Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
• Prioritize and organize.
• Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
• Follow directions thoroughly.
• Understand guest’s service needs.
• Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
• Work with minimal supervision.
• Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
• Ascertain department training needs and provide such training.
• Direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.
Have a strong and highly visible and respectful presence with the membership, be an exceptional communicator, have the maturity to instinctively know how to treat members and guest with a high-level of service. Able to communicate these expectations to the staff with and positively motivate them to understand and execute to those expectations.