Cluster cost controller
Wyndham Dubai Marina & TRYP by Wyndham - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
February 2016 -
January 2019 · 3 years
• Successful in leading the set-up of FMC /Micros Symphony system for cost control department during the pre-opening stage of hotel.
• Identifying training needs and accordingly facilitating required training to F&B staff and other members of operations team on Micros and FMC.
• Liaising with the executive chef to discuss menu item recipes for F&B outlets.
• Preparing and introducing various forms related to operations, including cost control and transfer in line with the SOP manual of Wyndham.
• Preparing and providing F&B menu costing report to director of finance, executive chef, operations manager and F&B manager; suggesting menu prices as per the hotel standards.
• Regularly monitoring and responding to emails in a professional manner, also preparing daily food and beverage cost reports.
• Providing required assistance in defining and establishing par stock for all the bars and restaurants.
• Forecasting cost for all function menu to determine appropriate selling price.
• Monitoring and maintaining store inventory while implementing cost and inventory policies/procedures.
• Randomly checking inventory to know expiry, spoilage and excess stock; reporting the same to concerned department.
• Assisting F&B department and kitchen head in planning and deciding food and beverage as well as new menu cost.
• Preparing and providing beverage slow moving/nonmoving short expiry items report to the user department.
• Collaborating with the executive chef to determine costly items in food area.