Join Hosco and view Sviatlana's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Good day, dear HR-Manager!
My name is Svetlana. I worked for MSC Mediterranean Cruise Company and Celestyal Crystal Cruise Company as an International Hostess and Receptionist. It was my dream to travel all around the globe and meet cultural diversity of people being helpful for them as a contact person. On a daily basis I provided information about various destinations of the cruise as well as about life on board for the guests, handled with complains using Fidelio Cruise Management System and DTS-system.
My main duty and the most challenging part of the job was performing presentations on stage with microphone including embarkation and disembarkation talks, technical presentation, Cruise Guide talk about current excursions. Regularly I had wine tasting and ship tour with guests.
What about my personal characteristics, I have strong problem solving, interpersonal and negotiation skills, ability to adjust myself to the quickly changing professional environment, positive attitude and respect to people of different nationalities and stress resistance. As a big advantage for this positions, I have a cheerful outgoing personality and always enjoy socializing with people.
I decided to continue to work as a Guest Relations Agent because this job is the best opportunity for constant personal and professional development. From my point of view, this is very important to be a good team player, because collaboration is the main concern in professional environment.
Thank you for your kind attention!
I look forward to hearing from you!
Receptionist (8 months contract)
Celestyal Cruises - Havana, CubaGuest RelationsSeptember 2017 - February 2018 · 6 months
• Perform the daily routine at the reception desk. • Deal with any passengers' queries in a confident manner as well as solving any passengers' problems. • Register passengers' credit cards at the beginning of the cruise. • Settle accounts in cash at the end of the cruise. • Ability to work on own initiative in accordance with the set standards and regulations. • Adhere to the quality standards, rules and regulations in the administration department. • Confidentiality of all paperwork. • Correct posting in the respective DTS system as well as constant updating of the daily reception log. • Foreign currency exchange • Good knowledge of ship's cabin categories. Show suitable cabin categories when upgrade or change is required (for example, obstructed view from the window), as well as prepare documents, new boarding cards, update DTS system. • Careful handling of all equipment and machinery in working field. • Assist passengers wherever help is required. • Constant typing as well as translating from German into English guests’ satisfaction forms. • Make public address announcements in German, English, Russian languages. • Lost and Found property of the passengers: registration, messages in order to inform the guests’, put in boxes at the end of the cruise to be delivered to the head office. • Wake-up calls service for the passengers. • Provide assistance to the guests in case of lost/damaged luggage: registration, reparation by carpenter (if possible).
MSC Cruises - Rome, ItalyF&B serviceMay 2016 - April 2017 · 12 months
• Prepare and deliver a comprehensive orientation talk for Guests in German, English languages at the start of each cruise, and a disembarkation talk before the end of each cruise. • Conduct Travel Talks on the various destinations of the Cruise in German and English languages, encouraging Guests to participation in shore excursions. • Encouraging Guests to participation in various on board activities, such as: Behind the scenes tour (backstage of the theater, provision area etc.), Wine tasting, Technical presentation (engine room, galley, backstage of the main restaurants), Single Travelers meeting etc. Conduct the activities, mentioned above. • Perform as broadcaster, making safety (adverse weather conditions, rough sea etc.), boat drill and public announcements in German, English and Russian (if required) languages. • Socialize in a highly visible way with Guests at all times, giving special attention to the very young, the very old, any disadvantages persons, guest travelling alone. Every evening meet Guests at the entrance of the main restaurants, theatre and in the main lounges and bars, providing a kindly approach in order to make sure of Guests’ enjoyment of the cruise. • Attending Captain’s cocktails and the theme parties which mainly involve the international represented Guests. Providing oral translation of the Captain’s speech. • Meeting Guests during the hours of the Hospitality Desk, being available to assist them for any request. • Act as liaison hostess between the ship and any common-interest group of Guests, offering full hospitality and socializing for this group. • Patiently listen to requests and comments of Guests, taking position action to remedy any problems by reporting any issues advised by the Guests to the responsible department Manager or directly to Cruise Director. Usage of Fidelio Cruise Management System for registration of Guests’ complains. • Cooperate with the Program Publisher in the translation of the Daily Program, assuring that all information is conveyed clearly and correctly translated; checking all translations of printed materials on board. • Be in attendance at gangways and lounges of all Guest embarkation and disembarkation, and assembly of Guests in port where a service of transfer boats is to be used. • Act as an escort on shore excursions assisting Guests and supporting tour guide. • Giving a general feedback on every cruise to the head office through the end of the cruise report. • Provide assistance in oral translations in case Guests should require medical treatments in the on board hospital and if language barrier should arise.
Brest State university - Brest, BelarusSeptember 2004 - July 2009
Master’s degree in modern languages – linguistic (GER-ENG-RUS).
- Interpersonal skills
- interpreting skills
- positive attitude and respect to people
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Stress resistance