Join Hosco and view Taner's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am a Turkish national and I have been working in Malaysia since 2012. I am on resident status in Malaysia.
I have previous background as Front Office Manager (in Langkawi Island), and moved to Kuala Lumpur and worked as Rooms Division Manager and Operations Manager.
Currently I am working as Hotel Managerat Hotel Grand Continental Langkawi with 195 rooms and 4 event halls, pool and F&B outlet.
I am a very experienced manager in the hospitality line and I am very good in details to maintain good quality service provided by the staff through training, updating SOPs and implementing them. I maintain the staffs are trained to provide a high quality service level and have ownership of their duties. Guests are treated personally from the booking time to their arrival and throughout their stay.
I maintain rooms are in tiptop condition, preventive maintenance programs are assured in the rooms and public areas. I am very good in OTA and revenue management.
I speak multi languages (English, Turkish, Russian German and Malay) and I am used to working in different environments and cultures.
Kindly view my resume in attachment with the references in the end and translated copy of my degree. I have resignation notice of 1 month.
I have been climbing up in my career successfully and I am very willing to relocate.
I am very confident manager, good decision maker and able to carry out my duty with highest responsibility.
Langkawi Island, Malaysia
HP/ whatsup: +60197284042
Hotel Grand Continental Langkawi - Langkawi, MalaysiaManagementJanuary 2018 - Now · 11 months
Manage overall hotel with 195 rooms, swimming pool, restaurant, 3 event/conference halls and a Vip room. I report to Executive Director at HQ in Kuala Lumpur. I am getting direct reports from HK, FO, F&B, Kitchen, Maintenance, Accounts, HR, Sales and Purchasing departments. I approve new recruits, PR, PO and Capex initial approval. -Head the daily briefing, department heads meetings and festive meeting. - Approve all PR and PO, - Spot check the entire hotel and rooms. - Ensure all departments conduct trainings. - Attend the P&L meeting at the HQ. - Ensure rooms are cleaned well and rooms are checked by the HK Supervisor. -Ensure HK report all the room defects promptly. -Ensure rooms deep cleaning is in progress, -Ensure Maintenance to repair defects items in the hotel rooms and general areas. Preventive maintenance ongoing. -Ensure the Revenue management monitor rates. Review Weekly Sales report and push to improve sales.
Bintang Fairlane Residences - Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaManagementJanuary 2016 - January 2018 · 2 years and 1 month
Responsible for daily operations of the Bintang Fairlane Residences. - Maintain the good service provided for the guests from the check-in time to the end of their stay. Create personalized check-in to ensure the maximum guest satisfaction. - Maintain the cleanliness of the suites and the public areas and rooms in tip-top condition with everything working in the guest suites. - Inspect rooms daily and maintain the HK staff and supervisor follow the room cleaning check-list. - Make sure HK supervisor leave the personal note for the arrival rooms. - Do the budget – Revenue and expenses. - Maintain the occupancy and revenues meet the budgeting. Check the competitor market and adjust the rates on OTAs. Do the revenue management. - Responsible for the marketing of the Residence: Sales visits to travel agents and sign contracts with the B2B companies and travel agents. - Ensure trainings are done. I do the training for Front Office. - Ensure the breakfast, F&B Services are up to standard. - Follow up with the Maintenance and ensure the room defects are done timely. - Ensure the preventive maintenance is done for the suites. The A/C, the flooring are maintained well. - Head the daily briefing with the department heads. - Start and plan the renovation program in the suites. Replacing mattresses, painting walls, varnishing of the floors, bathtub grouting. - Maintained the occupancy and revenue to be above 2015 figures. - Join the fortnightly meeting with the company MD and present the hotel performance. - Approving payments, approval of purchase orders of the company. 2- Responsible for the opening operations of Tribeca Suites. Tribeca is due to open in December 2017. I am responsible for: - Organizational Chart (All departments) - Budget and Revenue projections, - Preparing business plan, - Preparing SOPs, - Preparing internal directional and warning signs to ensure guest awareness and safety, - Marketing works planning. - Choosing the inventories from different suppliers and present to the owner for final decision (beds, mattresses, washing machine, lamps, TV and other furniture choosing. Deciding the PMS software)
Rooms Division Manager
Hotel Grand Continental Kuala Lumpur - Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaRooms divisionJanuary 2015 - January 2016 · 1 year and 1 month
- Oversee the Front Office, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Security Departments. - Maintain the good coordination and communication between the departments. Housekeeping: - Ensure rooms are ready and in good condition for the check-in guests on time. - Check rooms daily and inform HK Executive for any issues in the rooms. Maintenance: Ensure the room defects are repaired on time. Front Office: - Ensure Executive floor customers have personal assistance to the rooms by Front Desk. - Ensure VIP/Regular guests receive daily newspaper, fruit platter and cake service. - Ensure guest inquiries and complaints are properly handled by the Front Desk or by me where else necessary. - Ensure float money is in order at the Front Desk and they have enough of change money for the weekends. Security: - Check Security Daily report and read out any incidents, staff lateness records during the morning briefing. - Make sure the clocking are done by Security patrolling. - Make sure Security staff monitor all incoming guests to the hotel, control the car traffic at the hotel entry. - Holding the hotel’s master key and re-program room doors having lockset problem. - Ensure the revenues meet the budgeting. - Preparing the departmental monthly report (Profit and loss, Market analysis, Comparisons) - Ensure the SOPs are updated and implemented. - Ensure the trainings are done by the departments. (I do the training for FO.) - Maintain good quality service provided for the guests.
Front Office Manager
Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort &Spa;, Langkawi Island - Langkawi, MalaysiaFront Office receptionJuly 2013 - January 2015 · 1 year and 7 months
- As one of the Department Heads of the Resort, I try to ensure the maximum guest satisfaction during their holiday at our Resort. - Responsible for the daily operations of Front Office, Reservations and Concierge. - Prepare the Department budget. - Attend the monthly P&L meetings. Attend weekly PM,PF meetings. - Have overall authority on the Front desk and a liaison role with other department managers. - Preparing Staff Appraisal forms and making suggestions to extend, terminate or promote the staff in the end of the contract term. - Helping Front Office during the heavy check in and check out times. - Ensuring full training of the Front Office staff. - Interviewing new candidates that apply for work. - Handling any guest complaints, - Attending to morning briefings with all department heads and talk about the daily program of the department or highlight any matters with the other departments. - Organizing daily briefings with the Front Office Staff. - Ensuring the guest needs are met by providing good service in reception, concierge and room quality. - Participate in the Manager on Duty program. - Resigned due to I decided to move to Kuala Lumpur. Started To work as RDM in Kuala Lumpur.
Front Office Manager
Frangipani Langkawi Resort &Spa;, Langkawi - Langkawi, MalaysiaFront Office receptionJanuary 2012 - July 2013 · 1 year and 7 months
- As one of the Department Heads of the Resort, I try to ensure the maximum guest satisfaction during their holiday at our Resort. - Responsible for the daily operations of Front Office, Reservations and Porters. - Have overall authority on the Front desk, reservations, porters and a liason role with other department managers. - Preparing the Duty Roster and ensuring all the FO staff be working on time. - Preparing Staff Appraisal forms and making suggestions to extend, terminate or promote the staff in the end of the contract term. - Helping reservations department for any problems/unclear issues with the bookings, showing them the right way to reply web site FIT enquiries. - Helping Front Office during the heavy check in and check out times. - Ensuring full training of the Front Office staff. - Interviewing new candidates that apply for work. - Handling any guest complaints, - Attending to morning briefings with all department heads and talk about the daily program of the department or highlight any matters with the other departments. - Organizing daily briefings with the Front Office Staff. - Ensuring the guest needs are met by providing good service in reception, porters and room quality. - Participate in the Manager on Duty program. - Conduct the Hotel Inspections for travel agents or any event organizers. - Safe box opening in the guest rooms (When available). - Showing rooms to the walk-in guests and try them book the room. - Make sure the bicycles that we rent to guests are in good condition. - Resigned to join the Meritus Beach Resort & Spa,Langkawi .
Owner and Director
KazTourism Travel Agency - Almaty, KazakhstanManagementNovember 2005 - May 2011 · 5 years and 7 months
I set up the company in the end of 2005. This is a well known inbound operator in Kazakhstan now. - I sold the company in May 2011 before I got married in Malaysia. - Hotel bookings, arranging airport transfers, air ticket sales, daily tour arrangements for foreigner guests coming from abroad to Kazakhstan cities. - International holiday sales for Kazakhstani domestic market.
Premier Alatau Hotel and Business Centre - Almaty, KazakhstanManagementSeptember 2003 - October 2005 · 2 years and 2 months
- I was responsible for all of the daily operations of the Hotel in order to assure the satisfaction of our clients, (Front Office, House keeping, Maintenance) - Sales management, contracts with the companies, travel agencies. - Reporting to the Company director I left the company to open my own travel agency (Kaztourism LLP)
Tourism and Hotel Management
9 September University, Turkey - Izmir, TurkeySeptember 1992 - June 1996
4 years study on Tourism, Hotel Management, Economics (Micro, Micro), Accounts, Cost Accounting, Physchology
RussianNative or fluent100%
TurkishNative or fluent100%
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Mcrosoft word
- Miscrosoft excel
- Opera PMS
- Power Point