Join Hosco and view Tarek's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
My name Tarek Mourad .my career in the Finance department (Director of Finance) in the hotels industry have 20 years’ experience in finance department all with 5 star hotels - 10 years as Director of Finance and Financial Controller. I have very good experience in opening hotels (6 Hotels) -I was Director of Finance for preopening many Properties (Sheraton Dreamland Cairo – JAL hotel & Tower Dubai -Millennium Hotels UAE -Safir International hotels -Salalah- Oman and Melia Hotel Doha).
I have experience in Gulf Area Hotels almost 12 years. I have excellent experience to implement finance strategies and policies and procedures. I have excellent experience planning Budget and forecasting have excellent experience in financial analysis and statistic and I have strong management skills. Also I have resorts experience (I was a Financial Controller of Rotana Coral Beach Hurghada).
My experience in implement and putting management contract for several hotels.
(Melia Hotel Doha - Jal Tower Hotel Dubai - Sheraton Dream Cairo- Millennium Hotels)
Part of my experience to do the following:
*implement the policy and procedure of the company.
*prepare the Budget and forecasting.
*prepare the S.O.E. Budget for the operation.
*prepare the F.F.E. Budget for the operation.
*along with the Management received the Hotel Assets and S.O.E.
* Cost analysis' in relation to factory processes.
* Business Planning.
* hiring Finance team then Supervise and lead the finance team.
* Work closely with and assist other head of department for operation needs support the Finance.
* Implement and installation of the Hotel Systems.
* Work closely with Purchasing to prepare the list of Hotel Suppliers with Quotations.
*work closely with G.M. &HR to prepared the manning Guide of the Hotel. And hotel Benefits based on the Company Grid.
*prepared the strategy of Hotel business with G.M. and Sales Team.
*Ensures that all procedures are in Place and executed according to the company’s Standards.
*open all bank Accounts for the Hotel.
*prepare all insurance policies before operation start .specially third part liabilities.
*prepare the credit policy & procedures of the hotel.
*prepare all Hotel Contracts and company contracts.
*have and doing all financial negotiations.
*make sure all license and legal documents of hotel are done properly.
*doing the training to all finance team.
*controlling the hotel cash flow.
*ensure that finance teams are providing month end closing and all other required management reports.
*ensure the balance sheets are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotel and reconcile each account.
* Overseeing and ensuring the smooth running of accounting function /accounts receivables and credit / the overall cost control function /the purchasing function / the overall payroll and general administrative functions / all legal and tax matters related to the hotel in liaison with consultants and local authorities / ensuring the smooth sunning of the hotel’s computer system.
*have daily meeting with all head departments to facilitate the operation……etc.
Director Of Finance / Financial Controller
Five Star Hotels - Cairo, EgyptFinance/AccountingJanuary 2003 - January 2017 · 14 years and 1 month
Faculty of Commerce - Cairo University,October 1981 - October 1985
ArabicNative or fluent100%
- Budget Planing
- Cost controll
- Financial Forecasting
- Good communicator
- Hotel strategy
- Negotiable skills
- Statistics Analysis
- Team Training