Join Hosco and view Terence's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am dynamic broad, out of the box thinking person who is driven to always deliver the best results and customer satisfaction. I have a strong passion and desire to work in the hospitality industry as i absolutely love being part of the experience whether direct or indirect, of providing all round excellent service for customers. My personal motto is ''strive for excellence so you can deliver beyond excellent service''
TAROT Participant – Materials Management
Rotana Hotels - Fujairah, United Arab EmiratesFinance/AccountingAugust 2015 - June 2012
• Carry out all administrative procedures in relation to allocated requests and orders • Select best price quotations, ensuring highest quality for all orders received • Check and ensure that all approved and authorised purchase orders are forwarded to the concerned vendors • Review and update all personally entered price quotations, supplier’s data and date validity • Liaise with vendors for new products available in the market to serve as possible alternatives for used products • Collect samples for onward testing purposes and keep records of tested products • Coordinate and ensure smooth process of purchase requests allocated by Materials Manager to all buyers • Ensure that policy and procedures (quotation, documentation, specification and explanation) are being followed and practiced to the highest standard • Ensure availability of storeroom stocks according to set levels on a consistent basis • Verify daily market list is delivered and question any discrepancies and delays • Constantly verify all system updates concerning data stock items, regarding name, packing, weight and units
Corporate Management Trainee
CROWNE PLAZA MONOMOTOPA - Harare, ZimbabweF&B otherOctober 2014 - July 2015
• Audited reconciliation sheets ensuring they balance • Checked for bills that were not posted and post them on the system • Updated stock items using Micros Fidelio Materials Control • Cross-checked kitchen stock movement ensuring accuracy • Carried out weekly spot checks of restaurants and bars as well as inventory count • Received and controlled all incoming goods according to weight and quantity • Entered all movements and transfers of deliveries and issues into the system on a daily basis • Carried out weekly inventory checks, cleaned and put the storage area in order • Ensured issued items reached their destination promptly • Selected best price quotations on goods and ensured best quality on delivered orders • Obtained samples of goods from prospective suppliers and transferred them to respective departments • Ensured that all purchase orders were authorised and forwarded to respective suppliers • Interacted with suppliers for new products in the market as possible alternatives for use within the hotel
Food & Beverage Trainee
Cesar Ritz Colleges Switzerland - Le Bouveret, Port-Valais, SwitzerlandF&B otherOctober 2011 - June 2012
• Controlled and signed for received deliveries • Assisted in stock and quality control of inventory • Developed, implemented and refined ordering and filing system of food & beverage suppliers with Executive Chef • Worked as a bartender in the university bar
Bachelor of International Business in Hotel & Tourism Management
César Ritz Colleges Switzerland - Lucerne, SwitzerlandJuly 2011 - September 2013
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- F&B micros
- Mcrosoft word
HACCAP Awareness Certification