Join Hosco and view Victoria's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Recently graduated from Manchester Metropolitan University in Hospitality Business Management. Looking for roles in the hospitality industry closely linked to HR, training and/or learning and development.
pizza express - Manchester, United KingdomF&B serviceJuly 2016 - October 2016
Part time, temporary position whilst studying for final year of university. The role involved: • Integrating as part of a large team • Handling promos and customer complaints whilst communicating with managers efficiently • Being responsible for cash from tables served on shift • Dealing with customers respectfully and professionally in a high pressure and fast-paced environment
Barburrito - Manchester, United KingdomManagementOctober 2010 - September 2015
- Led interviewing, hiring and training of new staff for my store and processing their paperwork. - Coordinated stock control and procurement, dealing with suppliers first hand. - Responsible for inputting sales, stock and labour into spreadsheets to share key performance indicators with senior management, regularly providing recommendations and commentary. - Accountable for food safety and hygiene protocols and documenting evidence in the form of temperature logs and use of ‘day-dot’ stickers. - Responsible for maintaining standards to ensure business and industry regulations were met and in-house and third party audits were passed successfully. - Often chosen to deputise in the absence of the Store Manager.
Base Bar Cafe - Manchester, United KingdomF&B serviceJanuary 2010 - March 2010
• Dealt with stock control and purchase of new stock in the kitchen and bar area • In charge of till duties and cash handling during shift and at night when locking the premises • Organised private events held at the bar • Involved in advertisement for the bar for its music and drink promotional nights • Responsible for the training of new bar and kitchen staff • Obtained skills in cocktail making and learnt an extensive menu
Monroes Carvery - Alicante, SpainF&B serviceOctober 2005 - January 2010
• Dealt with customers of multi nationalities when working in the restaurant and bar • At times managed the bar, practicing day to day bar tasks such as cashing up the till, changing barrels and accepting deliveries in Spanish
Hospitality Business Management
The Hollings Faculty at the Manchester Metropolitan University - Manchester, United KingdomSeptember 2015 - July 2017
Predicted a first class honours degree. • Managing People and Service - Understanding the evolution of Human Resource management as a discipline and applying the operational skills and practices HR managers need to achieve success in their role • Leadership and International Management – Analysing the importance of leadership and management in work organisations. Identifying key characteristics that determine effective leadership • Strategies in Hospitality Management - Understanding and addressing strategic management decision making in the hospitality industry, in regards to design of delivery systems, forecasting, appraising operational performance, failure recovery and planning for operational improvement • Synergy – Developing professional and employability skills, behaviours and attitudes relating to the hospitality industry
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Administrative support
- Assistant manager
- Cash Flow
- Confidence with people
- Enjoy working with people
- Honesty and loyalty
- Maintain confidentiality
- Managing people
• Nominated for the ITT Hospitality & Catering Student of the year award
• Achieved a 1st class honours for my dissertation on the use of standardised training within the hospitality industry and how millennials view this style of training
• A member of the MMU Vice Chancellor’s Tutorial group – one of 12 students selected by the department heads and Vice Chancellor to collaborate in groups and debate hot topics
• A member of the winning team for the university competition in Hotel Operations Tactics and Strategy (HOTS), which included competing in a national final held by the Institute of Hospitality
• Obtained a Silver Grade in LAMDA exams as part of extracurricular activities whilst in secondary school, entailing public speaking, which included a form of pronunciation training
• BIIAB Level 2 in: Health and Safety, Personal License Holder, Understanding and selling wine and Food Safety