Join Hosco and view Vincent's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
A calm, pleasant, helpful and hardworking individual who has a passion for great food and who enjoys cooking mouthwatering dishes. Vincent gets a real buzz out of working in a busy kitchen, and great pleasure out of seeing happy faces enjoying a good meal. As a cook he has a proven track record of making great food that will entice diners and leave them wanting more. He loves the freedom of expression that cooking gives him and is willing to work hard to build a career in the culinary world.
Aura Lifestyle - Doha, QatarOtherMarch 2018 - Now · 11 months
Aura Hospitality - Doha, QatarF&B kitchenMarch 2018 - Now · 11 months
• Reporting to the Executive Chef. • Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues • Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for Ala carte and set menus according to restaurant recipes and standards. • Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings. • Ensure all kitchen apprentice are aware of standards and expectations. • Writing daily requisitions for both dry goods and vegetables. • Complete daily checks of all mis en place to ensure freshness and quality standards. • Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage. • Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions. • Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment. • Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards. • Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage • Other duties as assigned
IHG - InterContinental Hotels Group - Nairobi, KenyaF&B kitchenJune 2016 - March 2018 · 1 year and 10 months
• Maintaining a high standard of the specified work in accordance with the Executive Chef’s instructions. • Preparing, cooking and serving food delegated as my responsibility, ensuring that the highest possible quality is maintained and that agreed standards for food preparation and presentation are met at all times under guidance from the senior chef. • Carrying out daily and weekly procedures, including temperature checks, food labeling/dating and storage. • Keeping high standards of personal hygiene, clean uniform and overall camaraderie. • Being familiar with the opening and closing procedures of the kitchen and carrying them out as rotated. • Keeping high standards of cleanliness on the section where working and also assisting in any job regarding hygiene or cleanliness asked for by the senior chef. • Creating dishes for guests with special dietary or cultural needs. • Maintaining the correct level of fresh, frozen and dried foods in the store room. • Complying with all hotel and company policies. • Carrying out and assisting in the smooth running of the kitchen. • Ala Carte chef.
Moi University Kenya - Nairobi, KenyaMarch 2014 - December 2015
EnglishNative or fluent100%