Join Hosco and view Waqas's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Dedicated professional with Almost 10 years of experience in multiple areas of business accounting and finance like Risk & Budget Management, Cost Control, Payroll Administration, Financial Reporting, Audit, Accounts Payable / Receivable, Internal Control System Design &Implementation, ERP– Oracle Financial 12.1.2 & SAP Business One
12 years and 9 months
Dicotech Qatar WLL - Doha, QatarFinance/AccountingFebruary 2018 - Now · 1 year and 11 months
Dicotech Qatar is Contracting company with annual sales revenue of Qatari Riyals 150 million. As Senior Accountant of the company, I report to Managing Director on departmental programs, policies, and activities with following roles and responsibilities: • Preparation of Monthly/ Annual Accounts in accordance with the IFRS & generally accepted accounting principles and government requirements. • Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance. • Handle company’s budgets and financial reports, forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs and manage funds for investment. • Supervise all necessary day to day accounting responsibilities, including journal entries, accounts payable/ receivable, bank deposits, invoicing, collections, etc. • Responsible for dealing with banks for matters like LC, Guarantee Cheque, Performance Bond and looking after RF facility, determining the Corporation’s net cash position on a daily basis, and ensuring that company records and bank balances reconcile on a daily basis. • Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements, observe variances and suggest counter measures. • Working Capital Management by streamlining the company’s stock holding levels, drafting of debtor credit policies and ensuring adherence to the policies Working in SAP Business One in following modules to deal with the operations of whole network: • General Ledger, Account Payables, Account Receivables, Human Resource Management System (HRMS), Order Management, Inventor.
United Gulf Cement Company - Mesaieed, QatarFinance/AccountingJune 2017 - January 2018 · 8 months
United Gulf Cement Company comprises of Cement manufacturing and trading units with annual sales revenue of Qatari Riyals 200million. As an Internal Auditor of the company, I report to Managing Director on departmental programs, policies, and activities with following roles and responsibilities: • Directly reportable to Managing Director on various reports. • Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations, effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations • Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans • Obtain, analyse and evaluate Financial Reports, monthly Accounts, accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc • Responsible for determining the Corporation’s net cash position on a daily basis and ensuring that company records and bank balances reconcile on a daily basis. • Responsible for summarizing all daily activity and creating wire and payments for review by the Manager/Director, Treasury Operations. • Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process • Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement • Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings • Maintain open communication with management • Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
Newage Plastics (Pvt) Ltd - Lahore, PakistanFinance/AccountingAugust 2014 - June 2017 · 2 years and 11 months
• Supervise accounting, financial and management function of company’s Polypropylene unit of 60 looms, Chemical Processing unit (Precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) & Ground Calcium Carbonate (GCC)) and a Power Plant unit with annual sales revenue of more than US $10 million. • Currently leading a team of 5 direct and 15 indirect reporting executives. • Preparation of financial statements and other business compliance needs. • Handle company’s budgets and financial reports, forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs and manage funds for investment. • Supervise all necessary day to day accounting responsibilities, including journal entries, accounts payable/ receivable, bank deposits, invoicing, collections, etc. • Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements, observe variances and suggest counter measures. • Working Capital Management by streamlining the company’s stock holding levels, drafting of debtor credit policies and ensuring adherence to the policies • Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues. • Directs cash management operations to include daily cash administration, management of current accounts and bank relations, Reviews and drives improvements in cash management, ensuring financial obligations are met in accordance with Company policies and procedures. • Assist Chief Executive in formulation of its overall strategic direction • Review collection reports to determine the status of collections and the amounts of outstanding balances • Ensure compliance with the applicable Financial Reporting Guidelines, financial management processes and applicable laws and Statutes Achievements • Reduced accounts receivable from $60K to less than $20k in past due invoices in less than 6 months • Renegotiated payment terms with dozens of suppliers/vendors from Net 30 to Net 60 days. Improved cash flow and helped facilitate company's return to profitability. • Accelerated the month-end closing process to the tenth calendar day of every month. Provide timely and accurate financial reports on operating entities and capital projects. Working in Oracle Financial 12.1.2 in following modules to deal with the operations of whole network: General Ledger, Account Payables, Account Receivables, Human Resource Management System (HRMS), Order Management, Inventory
Hussain Mills Ltd - Multan, PakistanFinance/AccountingAugust 2011 - July 2014 · 3 years
• Prime responsibilities include performing financial, operational, system and process audits of the company’s multiple business units and operations • Managed team of two to three staff auditors, conducted compliance audits and reviewed contractual agreements to ensure adherence to proper accounting principles. • Directly responsible to look after overall costing of multiple business units including Production, Accounting/ Finance and Administration. • Coordinate with higher management to ensure effective system that provides guarantee about the identification and evaluation of all major risks. Achievements • Improved internal control efficiency and risk reduction by presenting valuable audit findings. • Managed multiple financial issues like cash management, payroll and payments etc., implementation of financial policies as company policy. • Assigned with PWC team in development & implementation of control procedure, operation, oversight processes and manuals to increase the efficiency and transparency of business units • Entrusted to run audit engagements within one year of hiring • Worked in Oracle Financial 12.1.2to deal with the operations of whole network
Senior Internal Auditor
Master Textile Mills Limited - Lahore, PakistanFinance/AccountingJuly 2009 - July 2011 · 2 years and 1 month
• Assisted manager audit &consolidation in preparation of company’s consolidated accounts and verification of individual unit accounts in accordance with international and local accounting standards • Responsible for reviewing financial statements, applicable ratios, credit reports, examining and evaluating transitions to certain accuracy, fraud detection techniques, report preparation, compliance review administration and providing performance feedback. • Accountable for the analysis of data and results that supports decisions to improve company’s profit.
External Auditor –Senior
Baker Tilly Mehmood Idrees Qammar – (Member firm of Baker Tilly International) - Lahore, PakistanFinance/AccountingJanuary 2007 - March 2009 · 2 years and 3 months
• Involved in planning, performance, finalization and review of audits of Textile units, Automobile Industry, Hospitals, Designing and implementation of internal control systems and management information systems Trainee Audit Involved in final audits &assignment of: • Divine developers (Pvt.) Ltd., Comfort Knitwear’s (Pvt.) Ltd., Doctors Hospital & Vision Developers & Pak Hero (Pvt.) Ltd.
BSC in Applied Accounting
Oxford Brookes University - Hospitality and Tourism Management - Oxford, United KingdomJanuary 2010 - March 2014
BSC in Applied Accounting
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, - Doha, QatarAugust 2009 - June 2018
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
Native or fluent
- account payable
- Accounts receivables
- ERP Oracle
- Finance and accounting
- Financial Reporting
- MS Office
- Tally ERP9