Join Hosco and get the latest updates and opportunities from Bocconi University - Master in Tourism Economics and Management. It’s free!
As a Hosco member, you have access to dedicated hospitality content and to thousands of jobs and internships worldwide.
Bocconi Master in Tourism Economics and Management is a unique opportunity for students interested in building a professional career in the tourism industry and is designed to provide participants with solid theoretical knowledge, management competencies and practical skills to face this fast-moving and global industry.
MET program is based on active teaching methods and experiential learning. Besides traditional lectures, MET is characterized by case discussions, group works and meetings with managers and entrepreneurs operating in the tourism industry. Classroom activities are integrated by outdoor activities, such as internships, field projects, in-company trainings and study tour.
MET is a 12-month program from October to October. Lessons are held on Fridays and Saturdays, with three full-immersion weeks distributed throughout the academic year and a warm-up week at the beginning of the master. The structure of the master allows students to carry on a job or an internship during the course.
- Introduction to Economics
- Introduction to Statistics
- Introduction to Accounting
2. TOURISM PILLARS
- Tourism Trends and Scenarios
- Tourism Analytics
- Hospitality Analytics and Revenue Management
3. TOURISM ECONOMICS AND POLICY
- Economics and Tourism
- Innovation and Business models in the Travel Economy
- Tourism Policy and Governance
- Sustainable Development and Destination Management
4. MANAGEMENT PILLARS
- Marketing and DIgital Communication for Tourism
- People Management
- Performance Management e Corporate Strategy for Tourism
- Finance and Real Estate for Tourism
- Tourism Enterprises and Contract Law
MET provides students with the know-how, skills and competencies essential to work in the different segments of the tourist industry: hospitality, distribution, digital platforms, MICE, transport, cruise, DMCs, …
OPPORTUNIES FOR COMPANIES:
MET assists companies willing to recruit young professionals with a deep knowledge and passion for tourism through:
- the distribution of a CV Book with the profiles of all MET participants;
- the posting of internship/job opportunities on the master dedicated on-line platform;
- the organization of on and off-campus company days in order to create opportunities for personal connections between participants and companies’ managers.
Open to candidates holding a university bachelor degree in any subject, Bocconi Master in Tourism Economics and Management is reserved to young talents with a true passion, motivation and dedication to work in the tourism industry, one of the most challenging in the world.
MET provides students with the know-how, skills and competencies essential to take a managerial role in the different segments of the tourist industry (hospitality, distribution, digital platforms, MICE, transport, cruise, DMCs, …) or to launch their own venture.
A restricted number of students is admitted each year and candidates are assessed according to the following criteria:
- test score (GMAT, GRE or Bocconi Test)
- interview with the Master’s Director
- letter of motivation
- academic curriculum
- curriculum vitae
Deadline for applications: September 12th (noon Italian time GTM +1)
On-line Test: September 16th
On-line Intervies: will be scheduled around mid September
For more information on the course or to participate to the Virtual Open Days,
visit https://www.unibocconi.it/met or contact us at email@example.com