Join Hosco and get the latest updates and opportunities from ESEC - Escola Superior de Educação de Coimbra. It’s free!
As a Hosco member, you have access to dedicated hospitality content and to thousands of jobs and internships worldwide.
The Polytechnic of Coimbra (IPC) is a public institution of higher education, which comprises six schools that combine strong practical activities with solid theoretical training, available courses are oriented to the labor market and guarantee high employment rates. Updated info evidences that IPC:
• has got more than 11.000 students, 546 teachers and 378 non teachers’ personnel;
• has got more than 65% of personnel with a PhD degree;
• researchers/teachers are integrated in more than 50 scientific R&D centers recognized by FCT, including CERNAS hosted by IPC itself;
• researchers and technical staff are involved in more than 60 national and 6 H2020 financed projects at the moment, among several technical and scientific specialized and applied services to SME;
• as been increasing its relative position in scientific production rankings (15th in Portugal), aiming at short-medium term to set among the first 10 national institutions and within the SCIMAGO ranking top 120 Latin American institutions;
• has been involved in more than 15 national and international patent processes over the past few years, in the various scientific fields.
With the vision of gaining national and international scientific scale and weight, IPC has recently created the Coimbra Applied Research Institute (i2a), which aims to: promote, stimulate, support and manage applied research activities; contribute to the rationalization and integrated management of IPC scientific resources; develop applied research and technology and knowledge transfer to industries and community to better develop and improve products, processes and services. i2a coordinates 6 high tech laboratories focused on health, biomechanics, ICT and natural and endogenous resources issues.
The fundamental aim of the Tourism degree is to provide a high level of theoretical and practical training in the area of tourism, with a multidisciplinary dimension encompassing the areas of sociology, psychology, consumer behaviour, marketing and management.The Gastronomy Program results of the involvement of several colleges of the IPC and the strengthening of already existing partnership with Turismo de Portugal through the Escola de Hotelaria e Turismo de Coimbra (EHTC) (EHTC).These synergies provide this degree with a specialized group of professors in different areas of knowledge and the use of high level facilities and equipment, fully tailored to the needs of the degree unit courses, existing at ESEC and EHTC. The network of partnerships and agreements with institutions operating in the sector is an important facilitator of R & D activities, and participation of renowned chefs and entrepreneurs in this field. ESEC is aware of the challenge inherent in submitting a proposal in an innovative and unique area as gastronomy, and thus we have an active participation of international renowned consultants, integrated into universities with which ESEC already has cooperation agreements, since the preparation this degree.