Join Hosco and get the latest updates and opportunities from Universidade da Madeira - Escola Superior de Tecnologias e Gestão. It’s free!
As a Hosco member, you have access to dedicated hospitality content and to thousands of jobs and internships worldwide.
The higher school of Technologies and Management is a Polytechnical school in University of Madeira that started its pedagogical activity in the academic year 2015/2016 with four degrees of Higher Professional Technician, like Organic Farming, Accounting and Taxation, Nature Guides and Networks and Computer systems. The higher school of Technologies and Management has a total of nine academic degrees, in an effort to adapt to the local needs and to the job market, reaching the areas of accounting, programming, electronics, networks, energetic rehabilitation of buildings, energy and environmental management, nature guides, cooking, food production and hospitality. Alongside the technical learning, other transversal competences are developed for a first contact with the job market or for those students who aim to proceed in their studies.
- Undergraduate Degree in Hospitality Management: the student will develop skills for the professional exercise in hotel units, in their functional management and direction structures, including technical capacities in accounting, financial, strategic and commercial, communicational and cultural, and technical-operational dimensions (accommodation, food and beverages, maintenance, safety, quality, human resources).
- Higher Technical and Professional Course in Cooking and Food Production: aims to train technicians to be capable of conceiving, organising and executing food preparation and confection activities, following the evolution and creativity of culinary and gastronomy trends, while respecting the seasonality, nutrition and food hygiene principles.
- Higher Technical and Professional Course in Nature Guides: aims to form technicians to be able to carry out activities related to Ecology/Biology, in an autonomous manner or within a team; plan, manage and guide tourists through tours; plan and elaborate tourist animation activities in nature, contributing to the maintenance and improvement of the image of Portugal as a tourist destination, especially of Madeira Archipelago.
- Higher Technical and Professional Course in Digital Marketing in Tourism: aims to form technicians that will plan, implement, manage, monitor and evaluate digital marketing strategies and campaigns using new information and communication technologies applied to the tourism sector through all digital channels.
- Higher Technical and Professional Course in Tourism Information and Trading: aims to form technicians that will develop, communicate and trade tourism products and services from public or private organizations (accommodation, tourism entertainment companies, travel agencies, public entities, among others) through the management of information services (reception, host and customer information) and the planning and promotion of tourist marketing activities suitable to the respective markets.