Descripción de la oferta
An Iconic Return. A Legendary Welcome.
At Raffles Hotel Singapore, we help you do your best.
We welcome guests in 2019 as we write a new chapter after an extensive restoration, breathing new life into the storied hotel. With a diverse range of careers for different talents and personalities, we invite you to be part of the Raffles legend and share your passion for hospitality with the world. Experience a tremendous opportunity to grow and develop with a global luxury hospitality brand in an oasis for the well-travelled.
The Pastry Chef supports the Chef de Cuisine as the culinary ambassador of the restaurant, leading the venue additional personality and soul. The position is responsible for the supervision of the overall culinary operation and for achieving and maintaining the highest standards of food quality and guest satisfaction. Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maximising revenue, achieving targets such as P&L Budget and forecast, marketing, staffing, quality, training and development of team members.
- To be responsible for monitoring food quality and consistency and ensures that the food presented to our guest is of the highest quality standards.
- Supervises and monitors kitchen operations, works with yield testing, product identification and that the proper rotation and labelling is followed according to guidelines and product specifications.
- Works closely with receiving and storeroom; to ensure that goods received are of the standard quality and meets hotel’s specifications.
- Constantly assesses freshness, presentation and temperature of food served.
- Ensures food portioning, serving, requisitions and receiving from stores are properly controlled in line with Standard Operating Procedures in order to minimise wastage.
- Updates menu recipe costing and menu planning as required, as well as for F&B promotions.
HYGIENE AND SANITATION
- To be responsible for personal hygiene and grooming in accordance to Raffles Hotel Singapore standards, National Environmental Agency standards and HACCP guidelines.
- Enforces the highest standards of cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation in kitchens. This includes working areas including, but not restricted to; refrigerators, freezers, ceiling, walls, floors, shelving working tables and working utensils such as carving boards, slicer, mixers, blenders, cutters, woks, pots, pans, etc.
- Ensures that all equipment is hygienically stored in its designated area.
- Ensures that all perishable items are stored quickly and efficiently, all items are utilised completely to avoid wastage and ingredients are always fresh and within its expiry date.
- Prevents using spoiled or contaminated products in any phase of food preparation. Colleagues who are ill or suffering from an infection should be not involved in the preparation or handling of food.
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP OF THE CULINARY TEAM
- Become a mentor and role model.
- Supervises all colleague’s performance and be viewed as approachable, fair when dealing with all the Chefs on all culinary matters at all times.
- Assigns in detail specific duties to all colleagues, instructs them in their work and communicates with Executive Chef on all aspects of the kitchen management.
- Liaises with all departments to ensure correct and professional operation is conducted. Ensures all colleagues are on time at all times and that proper disciplinary action is taken when the policies of the culinary division are not followed.
- Coordinates all outlet functions with the Executive Chef, Event Executives and Chef-In-Charge to ensure maximum efficiency and use of facilities, food and colleagues’ productivity.
- Ensures smooth and effective communication among the kitchens and with other departments.
- Compiles weekly colleagues’ schedule and submits to Chef’s Office by 12 pm every Thursday for approval.
- Evaluates the performance of the kitchen colleagues and gives the Executive Chef any recommendations for promotions or other actions.
- Works with the Talent and Culture on hiring of colleagues and ensures that proper follow-up is done, through the entire recruitment process.
- Attends daily meetings at 10 am and all other meetings, which fall under his/her jurisdiction, follows directives given and advises Executive Chef on topics of importance.
- Attends monthly departmental meeting and communicates with the team. Follows up on projects assigned if any.
- Ensures that daily line-up is conducted within respective outlet and documented.
- Ensures that all deadlines are met consistently.
- Monitors and schedules annual leave in a timely and effective manner, with the best intent of outlet/colleagues.
TRAINING, LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT OF CULINARY TEAM
- Stream lines all training requirements and co-ordinates all arrangements for proper execution of instructions.
- Conducts training regularly for colleagues to develop their skills/new menu items. Records and submits monthly On-the-Job Training hours to Chef’s Office before the 15th of each month.
- Guides the departmental orientation for new hires.
- Ensures that colleagues are aware of hotel rules and regulations.
- Ensures that colleagues are trained on fire and safety, emergency procedures and hygiene.
- Builds guest loyalty and to develop a professional relationship with local guests and regular patrons.
- Continually improves product, presentation, delivery of experience and obtains feedback from guest and patrons.
- Builds a base of long-term loyal patrons (consisting of local community, expatriates and in-house guests) through exceeding guests’ expectations. This includes but not limited to engaging with guests during their dining experience in order to gather feedback and information which will exceed their expectations.
- To uphold Accor values of Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect, when undertaking any tasks and in any internal and external interactions.
- Follows sustainable procedures and practices that supports ‘Planet 21’ initiatives (Accor’s Corporate Social Responsibility program).