Descripción de la oferta
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About the team
The Detection and Response Platform Team creates capabilities used to detect and respond to security threats at Airbnb. This is the team behind StreamAlert , a real-time data analysis framework we use to detect security threats, and BinaryAlert , a real-time malware detection engine.
About the role
We are looking for a backend software development and infrastructure engineer to accelerate our existing investments and help us define and execute on new investments in the space. We build software to support information security, but security background is not required - if you are interested in solving interesting challenges of collecting, analyzing, and bringing value from large sets of data using cutting edge technology, we would love to hear from you.
- Software and Systems Development: Build, tune, and maintain tools and platforms used to detect, investigate, hunt for, and respond to threats across Airbnb’s computing environments.
- Data Engineering: Build and maintain security data pipelines used for threat detection and response.
- Security: Develop and innovate threat detection and response frameworks and tools.
- Influence & Communication: Collaborate well with cross-functional partner teams such as IT, SRE, Privacy, and Infrastructure for efficient, scalable detection and response capabilities.
- 3+ years of hands-on technical experience in full-stack software development using modern languages and frameworks. We often use Python and React.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with AWS. We often use Lambda, Kinesis, S3, EC2, DynamoDB, Athena, and Firehose.
- Experience with DevOps technologies. We often use Terraform, Chef, and Puppet.
- Familiar with logging and telemetry infrastructure. We often use Syslog, Fluentd, and Logstash.
- Experience with data search and visualization tools. We often use Kibana, SumoLogic, Quicksight, and Athena.
- A desire to dive into big data, data science, data engineering, and security.
- Experience automating threat detection and response is a plus!
This role is currently expected to be based in any city where Airbnb has a physical office space, though we are exploring our remote working model, and may update location options in the future