Descripción de la oferta
Leads business evaluation activities and staff in a given cluster. Position has overall responsibility for communicating group strategy and evaluating all group sales opportunities in partnership with the Sales Manager handling the opportunity. After total customer and opportunity consideration, determines the optimal pricing options or alternate date/property options for each lead. Facilitates the evaluation process with the inclusion of customer intelligence as provided by the Sales Manager, ensuring a fast and accurate response to all group sales opportunities. Ensures that revenue and profit are maximized by effectively calculating the displacement of other business and the price-point(s) that will make the business profitable. Provides the sales team decision-making considerations and analysis philosophies to support and assist sales team with tools and resources to understand how the group strategy and opportunity evaluation is determined. Serves as a "sales" and "customer" advocate for the hotel(s) on behalf of Revenue Management.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
• Provides business evaluation functional expertise and leadership to sales.
• Partners with Sales team and seeks to understand customer value for property and the company throughout the business evaluation process
• Understands and accurately represents individual property sales needs.
• Facilitates the sales process by ensuring fast and accurate response to all sales leads.
• Updates market knowledge and aligns strategies and approaches accordingly.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Explores opportunities that drive profit, create value for clients, and encourage innovation; challenges existing processes/systems/products to make improvements.
• Determines pricing options for leads – group, transient and catering.
• Serves as the sales and customer advocate for the hotels.
• Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
• Communicates market direction to revenue management, sales and hotel leaders.
• Understands and communicates the value of the company as it relates to franchise partnerships and revenue management opportunities.
• Promotes and protects the company’s brand equity.
• Participates in the weekly and long range forecasts.
• Participates in quarterly regional reviews.
• Works with sales strategy team to ensure proper pricing and positioning of the properties in the market.
• Attends sales strategy meetings to obtain input on weekly and overall sales strategy.
• Participates in the development of market strategy for city-wide and area-based events.
• Establishes group ceilings, thresholds and patterns for short and long term strategy.
• Conducts group strategy review meetings to review all group activity (i.e., trends, pace, ADR, future years and crossover goals, projections, etc.).
• Establishes long-range objectives and specifies the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Takes a predetermined strategy and drives the execution of that strategy.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
• Provides sales associates business evaluation decisions analysis and philosophies
• Performs displacement analysis.
• Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
• Conducts need date evaluations and communicates information to Market Strategy and Revenue Analysis.
• Maintains and updates all strategy tools including GPT, Group Strategy Documents, NGS, Need Date/Distressed Date Documents, Strategic Booking Pace, Funnel Tools (long and short term) and Pace/HOL Tool.
• Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
Building Successful Relationships
• Understands and meeting the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
• Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
Leading Discipline Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities and solutions.
• May lead a team of group strategy and function space managers
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews and hires employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the units.
• Develops, implements and maintains a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
• Conducts employee performance appraisals according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Gestión de ingresos
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato