Descripción de la oferta
As a member of the Workforce Management COE, the Director of Operations, Planning, and Scheduling partners with Property and Market leaders to consistently execute Marriott’s Operations, Planning and Scheduling optimization vision and strategy.
Trusted advisor to the properties and spending a majority of their time with their property counterparts, Directors represent the COE organization at the property-level. This position wil focus on optimizing performance at 15+ Full Service business units, some of them being large and complex due to the number of hotel rooms, departments or labor environment.
Working in-market, Directors strategically support and drive the adoption of labor management tools and processes through daily interactions with hotel leaders. Equipped with best-in-class Operations, Planning and Scheduling analytical tools, Directors will help property leaders increase their analytical fluency to make data-driven decisions and optimize hotel labor productivity.
Additionally, Directors will represent the COE at the Area level, partnering with leadership to align labor management tools with market strategies/direction.
Core Work Activities
Support Hotel Operations, Planning and Scheduling Optimization
- Support in-market hotel adoption and scheduling performance
- Serve as property leadership trusted advisor
- Support savings monitoring at the property level and ensure consistent methodology and calculations of savings
- Communicate with properties on a weekly basis to monitor performance, understand local hotel challenges/market issues and adapt labor management and processes as necessary.
- Identify best practices and recommend action plans for low performing properties and departments
- Support analysis of innovative business process efforts by measuring financial gains against business goals
- Support Continuous Improvement Activities
- Work with property, owner and regional team to ensure that innovative business process improvements are identified and evaluated
- Recommend improvement to existing processes and tools, in conjunction with the Bi & Analytics Director
- Participate in Observation/Analysis of optimization opportunities to develop recommendations
- Support implementation of optimization recommendations
- Support ad hoc activities
- Perform ad hoc forecasting and scheduling activities
- Support the adjustment of productivity standards when required
- Support collection and analysis of key performance indicators
- Support the monthly long term Resource Planning
- Share recommended resource planning scenarios with hotel leaders once a month
- Monitor and report progress on labor mix compared to guidelines
- Support properties’ Annual Budget Review
- Provide input to COE leadership on potential sources of optimization
- Supports the translation of corporate guidelines into property budgets
- Ensure alignment with expected labor optimization savings
- Test new productivity standards against expected performance outcomes
- Support hotel onboarding
- Works with development teams to assist with on-boarding of new property leaders supporting Operations, Planning and Scheduling
- Partner with the COE Change team to support on-property training
- Support on-going training
- Identify new training needs
- Work with COE Change Management team to ensure necessary training is available for hotels leaders on optimization concepts and processes, tools and performance reporting – as well as monitoring progress
Supporting Above Property Stakeholders
- Collaborate with Leadership teams to increase adoption and sustainability
- Partner with the Area/Market Vice President, Area Director of Operations, Area Director of Human Resources and Finance Business Partner to drive and sustain continued performance improvements
- Partner with market leadership to align labor management tools with market strategies/direction
- Utilize Analytics performance dashboards and reporting to ensure Area meets established targets
- Serve as trusted adviser for Area leadership team
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively acts and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Executive Presence – Ability to develop and maintain relationships as well as influce others through his/her interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
- General Hotel Operations-Knowledge of the operating principles and practices of all brand/hotel-specific functions to support successful operations of the overall property (e.g., Engineering/Maintenance, Event Management, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Legal/Contracting, Food and Beverage, Guest Services/Front Desk, Sales & Marketing, Security/Loss Prevention, Retail/Gift Shops, Spa, and Recreation/Health Club).
- Detail Orientation-The ability to attend to and verify the accuracy and completeness of details in work activities. This includes focusing on the small details of work activities and taking the necessary time to ensure that all the details of completed work are correct and of high quality.
- Owner Service-Skill in anticipating and assessing needs, actively looking for ways to help, exceeding expectations for service, and evaluating satisfaction for owners.
- Core Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing core work activities.
- Strong Communication Skills - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Strong Writing Skills - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Analytical skills and Data-Savviness – Can effectively review, understand and apply knowledge presented in large volumes of data and perform analytics as appropriate.
- Change Management and Training – Applies training and communications design and delivery skills for property-based audiences.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business, Hospitality or related field preferred
- 4-6 years of hotel management experience required (6+ preferred)
- Prior experience in large scale business planning, feasibility studies, and/or project management is also required.
- Ability to strategically assess and define the needs of the organization to create innovative solutions and/or customize consistent solutions is critical to the success of this role and the Performance team.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically, a high level of proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint, as well as decision support tools and multi-dimensional database solutions.
Experience with and a strong inclination
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Finanzas / Contabilidad
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato