Descripción de la oferta
Entry level management position that is responsible for leading and assisting with the successful completion of daily shift requirements. Front office areas include Bell/Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction and achieve the operating budget. Assists in completing financial and administrative responsibilities.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Supports all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Front Office or Front Desk Manager.
• Supports daily Front Desk shift operations.
Supporting Progress Toward Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Supports day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Observes staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Supports training of staff on adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
• Supports same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
• Understands the impact of Front Desk operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Supporting Projects and Policies
• Supports implementation of customer recognition/service programs, communicating and ensuring the process.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
• Assists in the use of a guest information tracking system to ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use to recognize guest preferences and aid in problem resolution.
Supporting Handling of Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Provides feedback to individuals based on observation of service behaviors.
• Participates in an ongoing employee recognition program.
• Supports training when appropriate.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary.
• Understands the functions of the Bell Staff, Switchboard and Concierge/Guest Services operations.
• Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Baltimore, MD, United States
- Departamento de Habitaciones
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato