Descripción de la oferta
Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in providing high quality service based on requirements and standards. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection. Provides clear and concise communications to everyone having ownership in the success of the event. Identifies training opportunities and plans a strategy to accomplish goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Banquet Operations
• Projects supply needs for the department, (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props).
• Applies knowledge of all laws, as they relate to an event.
• Understands the impact of Banquet operations on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains established sanitation levels.
• Manages departmental inventories and maintains equipment.
• Uses banquet beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the banquet beverage perpetual inventory.
• Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
• Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain business and increase growth.
Seasonal Outdoor Pool duties
Supports and supervises the Seasonal Pool Duties
To carry out Pool Testing of the outdoor Pool every 2 hours
To report any ranges outside the normal limits to the Engineering department and close the pool until this is rectified
To be a competent Pool Responder in the event of any incident
To be knowledgeable and competent in providing emergency first aid as appropriate
To ensure coverage of the outdoor Pool Bar area between the hours of 8am- 8pm, 7 days per week and subject to weather conditions
To register guests accessing the Pool
To provide assistance to any Guest using the Tennis Courts
Maintaining pool side furniture, towels and changing areas
Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams
• Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve departmental performance.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet team.
• Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting edge cuisine with emphasis on current event trends.
• Acts as a liaison to the kitchen staff.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey results and participates in the development and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges; focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
To carry out other duties across the hotel as assigned by management that may be required to ensure the Hotel Operation is properly maintained in line with budget and to provide total guest satisfaction.
Maintain social distancing throughout the hotel, as per the guidelines from the government, wherever possible from colleagues and guests (distancing regulations will be in accordance with any government guidance).
Wear all provided PPE as instructed / required.
Wash hands frequently or after each task following proper handwashing techniques. Sanitize hands on a regular basis during shifts
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.