Descripción de la oferta
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Job Title: Principal, Connectivity Architecture and Performance Engineer
We are currently seeking a Principal Connectivity Architecture and Performance Engineer. This position provides deep technical engineering for the analysis, design, development of optimal ship to shore communications and data transport to achieve and sustain world class Shipboard Communications and services for the Carnival fleet. The incumbant will design, develop, and lead the deployment of world class end to end connectivity and network solutions as well as driving optimization for the fleet. This will include analyzing applications to determine what can be done to further optimize, and performing studies to determine what products will best meet our needs, and where efficiencies can be garnered in our end to end infrastructure. One of the key requirements is to work closely with technology partners to ensure Carnival's solution continues to be world-class. Do you want to help shape the future of the internet and connectivity aspects of the cruise industry with the global leader? This may be the opportunity for you.
- Provide technical oversight and leadership for the connectivity systems engineering discipline – Perform over the air testing of applications that our brands are attempting to deploy. Design, Develop, and Maintain an over the air test bed. Implement Testing and QA protocols for deployment and troubleshooting of applications needing an network/over the air component. Development of documentation including BOM, design documentation and user manuals.
- Internet Optimization Engineering, and End2End Guest/Crew satisfaction – Execute a thorough process to continuously monitor and enhance the internet and connectivity experience onboard our fleet. Work with partners, Infrastructure, and other groups within IT and the business to collaborate and create a continuous detailed work plan to ensure we are providing the optimal technical solution and most cost effective service delivery of bandwidth to our fleet. Correlate your efforts to the improvement of customer satisfaction metrics across the fleet.
- Pilot Programs – Support the evaluation of new technologies, products and services that can bring network-wide efficiencies and savings to Carnival Corporation WAN network resources. Work as necessary assisting our operations and service partners to validate, isolate, and resolve issues during pilot and production phases; Create reports indicating success factors, issues, and improvements that can be achieved for the corporation.
- Management reporting, availability & performance - Analyze network performance data and develop plans to address any service impacting trends; develop and provide reporting on a regular basis to brand and corporate management.
- Operations availability & performance (Guest/Crew experience = End2End) - Establish performance and availability Metrics to allow for Global Infrastructure Services to deliver world class services to Guests and Crew; in conjunction with key stakeholders, design and establish SLAs and provide reporting on the compliance with these targets; identification of needed terrestrial circuits for acquisition. Optimization and monitoring of existing and future circuits.
- Alternate bandwidth sourcing (ship-shore WiFi, LTE, etc) – Evaluate multi-mode, least cost routing (MMLCR) design using existing or emerging technologies; to determine the optimal method to achieve highly reliable and scalable solutions for connectivity.
- Architecture, Documentation, and specifications – define, contribute to, and/or develop infrastructure design and procedures for utilization in our global networks; work as necessary assisting operations and service partners to validate, isolate, and resolve issues during pilot and production phases; work with Product Management teams at operating companies to define product specifications as they relate to ship to shore communications; system design, including hardware and software configuration, estimate of system costs, assessment to ascertain suitability of off-the-shelf or internal build of system components.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree
- Discipline/Major in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
- Technical and managerial certifications are desirable.
- 18 + Years of experience designing and optimizing LAN/WANs, Satellite, and Terrestrial networks. Telephony and call center voice/ACD.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking protocols and standards, routing, multicast, testing of IP based Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices, applications and QoS.
- Experience in RF communications with experience fine tuning WiFi ecosystems in large environments where connectivity is a must.
- Cisco Certifications (CCNP, CCIE, or higher) strongly desired.
- Awareness of PEGA, SIP, Avaya call center solutions, Citrix, cloud computing, SDN and its relative impacts to infrastructure, process, performance.
- Hands on experience with telecommunications networks (Internet protocols, routing, queuing, effects of delay and packet loss, etc.) is required.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of satellite communications.
- Experience with traffic shaping, firewalls, internet optimization products/appliances such as caching, pre-fetch, compression, and others.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills required.
- Must have excellent system and component level design, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with network equipment, testing, troubleshooting, specification of hardware and software.
- Ability to capture and analyze IP packets using tools like Ethereal or Tcpdump.
- Experience with: Cisco ISR/ASR routers. Cisco Catalyst 2k,3k, 4k,6500, Nexus 2000, 5500, 6000, 7000, 9000 class switches,Cisco 1200, 2600, 2700, 3700, 3800 series Wireless Access Points and Cisco 5500, 5700, 8500 Wireless LAN Controllers,TCP/IP, SSL, LACP, LLDP/CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, HSRP, GLBP, SNMP, STP, VPC, VSS, VDC, MSDP, PIM, IGMP, RTP, SIP, H.323, LWAPP, RADIUS, TACACS+, Fiber Channel, FCoE, iSCSI, 802.11abg, 802.11n, 802.11ac,XML, DNS, DHCP,VMWare working knowledge,Xiplink/WAAS/Riverbed WAN Optimization appliances,Netscaler and F5 Application Delivery Controllers,ASA, Juniper SRX and Palo Alto Firewalls,Intrusion Detection Systems,Web Application FirewallsExperience in supporting installations, upgrades, and system integration efforts.
- Must be competent with interpreting and using electrical and mechanical engineering drawings, cables lists and similar documents.
- Must be proficient with electrical and communications wiring, operation and setup of personal computers.
- Ability to collaborate well across geographically diverse teams.
- Out of the box thinker that is passionate about service to business partners as well as our guests.
- Passionate about making a positive difference.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req8790Job ID 6434535
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Miami, FL, United States
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato