Descripción de la oferta
The Manager Design will report to Director Design & Project Management. The Manager Design provides content leadership on projects, which include managed, franchised and company-owned hotels, to ensure quality control, brand compliance, operational acceptability and adherence.
The Manager Design provides design support and is responsible for projects of appropriate scope and complexity.
· Location requirements: The Manager Design to be located at the Europe Office - Eschborn.
· Language requirements: High proficiency (speaking, reading and writing) in English is required.
· Travel Requirements: There is 40% business travel required.
· Global Design Management
· Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
· Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
· Provide conceptual design studies and sketch plans.
· Provide project design quality assurance services for projects of appropriate scope and complexity.
· Seek methods to improve processes.
· Provide information, interpretation and guidance to outside owners as well as internal design and construction staff for adapting Brand standards to specific projects.
· Assist in negotiation and implementation of design changes subsequent to project approval for all projects and track changes to projects in database.
· Report status of projects to supervisor on a regular basis.
· Provide design reviews and solutions for feasibility projects, coordinating criteria and facilities programs and tracking the pipeline.
· Contribute and assist in maintenance and improvement of brand standards.
· Assist in negotiation and implementation of design and design changes subsequent to project approval for all projects.
· Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
· Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- Identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
- Providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- Participating in setting department operating plans.
- Recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- Achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
· Financial and Accounting Management
· Coordinate and review outside consultant their proposals, contracts and invoicing.
· Prepare appropriate fee and expense estimates for Work Orders, DRA/TSA’s.
· Talent Management
· Supervise, direct, motivate and train assigned staff.
· Train employees and outside consultants.
· Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
· Research, identify, negotiate and contract outsource professional consultants as well as temporary consultants on a project basis.
· Owner Relations
· Represent department both externally and internally.
· Performs other duties as appropriate.
· Complies with Marriott Hotel Holding GmbH & Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
· Minimum 8 years’ experience preferably in hospitality.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
· Knowledgeable about innovation & trends both in & outside of industry
· Strong business acumen
· Problem solving & creative solution skills
· Ability to build strong working relationships
· Customer service skills
· Ability to negotiate and be flexible when appropriate
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to read and interpret architectural, engineering and mechanical drawings
· Multiple project management skills
· Proficient in using Microsoft Office, scheduling, project & database management software (e.g., Microsoft Project, AutoCad, Bluebeam, Adobe).
Education and Professional Certification:
· 4 year undergraduate degree in Architecture or related design discipline.
· Architectural license preferred.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Eschborn, Germany
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato