Descripción de la oferta
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
At Western States Lodging & Management, we follow a Personal Touch philosophy in each facility. We take the time to get to know our guests and residents, looking for ways to provide care beyond what is expected.
Our company was founded on the moral principles and traditional family values we learned growing up. We believe in treating people with honesty and compassion. We listen carefully to each partner, guest, resident, and tenant, responding to each question or concern on a personal level.
Because our management team has experience in both the hospitality and healthcare industries, we bring the best of both industries to everything we do. Guests in our hotels, convention centers, and apartment complexes feel at home and are treated with care and compassion. We give senior facilities those special touches found in well-appointed hotels, while maintaining a comfortable, caring, and home-like atmosphere.
JOB TITLE: Director of Sales (Exempt Employee)DEPARTMENT NAME: Sales & Marketing________________________________________The Director of Sales is responsible for generating top line revenue for a dual brand by securing new accounts; maintain existing accounts and executing sales strategies to maximize the profitability of the hotel.WORKING RELATIONSHIPSReports to: General Manager Supervises: Sales ManagersInterfaces with: Clients, Managers, Employees, Regional Director of Sales, and Vendors.
- The Director of Sales is responsible for generating top line revenue for a dual brand hotel by securing new accounts; maintaining existing accounts and executing sales strategies to maximize the profitability of the hotel.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of market, positioning of hotel, amenities, and brand.
- Understand booking patterns, trends, high demand periods and events in the market and surrounding hotels.
- Research and understand demand generators, new sources of business, internet as a prospecting tool, community involvement and networking.
- Responsible for completing Quarterly action plans to ensure sales revenue goals and personal goals are achieved.
- Develop business relationships that result in additional sales, new customers to capture larger share of local market.
- Corresponds with clients and prospective clients in person, by letter, phone, and email.
- Prepare written correspondence for room block bids, proposal, contracts and addendums; prior approval of GM.
- May work non-standard hours, evening, weekends, and holidays, with occasional travel.
- Performs related duties as assigned by General Manager.
- IHG Sales Experience Preferred (Staybridge or Even experience a plus)
- Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professional clients and hotel guests.
- Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
- Strong communication skills, to include business writing, mathematics for basic accounting and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Previous sales experience is required
- High School Diploma required
- Must be available to work some weekends and holidays, as necessary.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 11, 2020.
Health Benefits, 401K, Potential bonus earning, 70k