Descripción de la oferta
Junior Sous ChefA special occasion calls for great food! As a Junior Sous Chef with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts you will lead a team of culinary professionals in creating spectacular dishes that will create memorable dining experiences for our Guests. Your experience in managing various aspects of a kitchen will be reflective in positive Guest satisfaction and Colleague engagement results.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Chengdu, situated within the Palm Springs International Centre, is located in the heart of Tianfu New Area and Chengdu Hi-tech Zone and is adjacent to the Century City New International Convention & Exhibition Center, Global Center and the Tianfu Software Park. Palm Springs International Centre includes the hotel, an grade A level commercial office tower and two luxury residential towers, anchored by a 42,100 square meter retail mall.The hotel features 336 guest rooms, Willow Stream Spa, Gold Executive Floor, over 1,350 square meters of meeting facilities, and a collection of F&B concepts including an all-day-dining restaurant Spectrum, CUBE a three-floor concept - lounge, cocktail bar and Japanese restaurant, a signature Sichuan Chinese restaurant Chang Yi, and our feature restaurant and bar occupying the top two levels of the hotel, Manhattan.Chengdu is one of China’s most famous cities and is a top destination for people from China and around the world to visit. It has a deep culture and history, hundreds of amazing tourist attractions and of course the famous Chengdu and Sichuan cuisine. Chengdu has been listed as one of the fastest growing and top 4 cities to live in in China.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Chef de Cuisine, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for the menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Conduct daily shift briefings to kitchen colleagues
- Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations
- Liaise daily with Outlet Managers to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
- Maintain and enhance the food products through creative menu development and presentation
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Actively interact with guests at tables
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Ensure proper staffing and scheduling in accordance to productivity guidelines
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
Previous leadership experience in the western culinary field required and Japanese cuisine experience an asset
Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent required
Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in China. The company will assist with the working visa for suitable foreigner applicants.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Accor; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Chengdu, China
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato