Descripción de la oferta
Hotel Overview: Strategically located in the heart of Singapore’s shopping, dining and entertainment districts and with the City Hall and Esplanade Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) train stations and other major transportation nodes at its doorstep, Fairmont Singapore and Swissôtel The Stamford are the gateway to explore Singapore’s landscapes at your convenience. With a total of 2,028 well-appointed guestrooms, both hotels offer a distinct collection of 15 lifestyle and dining choices including Michelin-starred fine dining restaurant JAAN, cutting-edge meeting space at Raffles City Convention Centre and one of Asia’s largest spas, Willow Stream Spa.
Indian Chef, Western Banquet
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chef De Cuisine, Western Banquet, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the quality of all food items prepared in the kitchen he/she supervises.
- He/She constantly checks it for taste, temperature and visual appeal.
- Constantly on the alert for new products which may improve quality of food or lower food cost or both.
- Works very closely with the Executive Sous Chef in determining quality and quantity of food materials used with a view of eliminating waste and spoilage, especially meats, fish, products, etc
- Determines prices of unlisted food items with guidance of the Director of Culinary, Executive Sous Chef and Chef De Cuisine.
- Schedules the working hours of all his/her kitchen employees
- Assign detail, specific duties to all employees under his/her supervision and instructs them in their work.
- Work very closely with the Floor Steward, whose duty is to keep kitchen areas clean and orderly.
- Adhere to budgeted headcounts for his/her outlet according to hotel’s budget and business level
- Ensure high level of food safety management system including HACCP, ISO 22000 food safety management system, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards are complied in his/her department
- Diploma in Culinary
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of experience in similar role
- Prior management experience in a hotel environment will be an advantage
- Excellent comunication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Pro-active in problem solving and the ability to work using own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
At Fairmont Singapore and Swissôtel The Stamford we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. Your contribution is important to the success of our Company and we are committed to providing an environment that will foster growth and reward your efforts. Our teams around the globe endeavour to provide a safe, attractive and dynamic working environment, which will encourage you to take initiative and demonstrate your best abilities. Together we design career plans and unveil new professional perspectives through our various development programs, and with you playing a part will help make your ambitions real. An exciting future awaits!
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato