Descripción de la oferta
Part Time Accounts Assistant, Thursday and Friday Office hours (Maternity Cover - 12 months)
We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join the Finance team at our busy Head Office in Soho.
We consider the role of an Accounts Assistant to be an integral part of the team helping to maintain an efficient and accurate function within the business. This is a varied role, working in the areas of accounts payable, income reconciliation and general Accounting.
This position offers a rare opportunity to join a market leading hotel group best known for its exceptional standards, stylish interiors and inspirational approach to hospitality.
- Ensure all invoices are processed and authorised through the OCR Accounts Payable software in accordance with the company’s control procedures
- Ensure the accounts payable ledger is kept up to date and all invoices and credits accounted for correctly
- Investigate and resolve all supplier accounts payable queries in a timely and professional manner
- Deal with all supplier queries via email and phone
- Ensure supplier statement reconciliations are completed on a regular basis
- Updating electronic cashbook and accounts software with income received
- Completing cash and credit card reconciliations across the group
- Ensuring complete records of hotel data are maintained at Head Office
- Dealing with chargeback and various payment/receipt queries
- Provide support to the rest of the Finance team when required
- Complete any ad hoc duties as requested by the Management
- Previous experience within a high volume accounts payable environment
- Previous experience in Finance within a hospitality group is desirable
- Knowledge of GP preferred
- Impressive computer skills (Outlook/Excel/AP Packages)
- Confident communicator with all levels of Managers
- Team player
- Superb attention to detail
- Resilience and drive to get things right first time
Why join Firmdale Hotels?
We are delighted to have been recognised by the hospitality industry for some of the great work our teams have done. To name a few of our recent awards and accolades;
- Firmdale Hotels - “Winner of the Best Employer Award at The Cateys 2017 and Number One in The Caterer Best Places to Work in Hospitality”
- HR Team of the Year at the Hotel Cateys 2017
- Restaurant Team of the Year, Ham Yard Hotel at the Hotel Cateys 2017
- Best Chef Development Strategy Award at the Springboard Awards 2017
- Firmdale Hotels – “Excellence in Employee Engagement”, HR in Hospitality 2016
- Firmdale Hotels – “Candidate Experience Award”, Caterer.com People Awards 2016
- Ham Yard Hotel – “Best Afternoon Tea Award”, Harden’s 2016
- Sarah Williams – “Food and Beverage Manager of the Year”, Hotel Cateys 2015
What are the Firmdale employee benefits?
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing one day per years’ service
- Companywide and departmental incentives
- Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
- Award winning training opportunities (WSET, supplier visits, Masterclasses to name a few)
What makes Firmdale such a special place to work?
- Quarterly Champagne receptions and annual employee recognition awards
- Employee led committees allow you to have your say, generate ideas and make a difference
- Social events and team activities (bowling, quiz nights, netball teams and more)
- Wait, there’s more! Refer a friend bonus, volunteering and regular Manager catch-ups
Hours required for the role of Accounts Assistant :
You will work part time hours, every Thursday and Friday Office hours (9am-5pm)
To apply for the role of Accounts Assistant :
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.
Due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. Your CV will be considered over the next 5 working days. If you do not hear from us by this time, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- London, United Kingdom
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato
There is a dedicated company trainer with emphasis upon IT and food & beverage and a wide spectrum of training opportunities ranging from soft management to detailed technical skills such as Train the Trainer, Leadership and Learning Academies.
Firmdale is a company our employees take pride in working for. It is individual, stylish, modern and elegant. It has won the following awards in recognition of its commitment to investing in its people:
"Hotels should be living things not stuffy institutions" maintain Tim and Kit Kemp, owners of Firmdale Hotels. There are eight boutique hotels in London and one in New York. The high standards of excellence and unique townhouse style of decoration have over the years added up to a winning combination. Kit Kemp has designed the interiors of each hotel in her unique personal way which reflects a fresh, modern English style. She was named the Andrew Martin International Interior Designer of the Year in 2008 and has gone onto win many more accolades. Firmdale Hotels has received the Queens Award for Enterprise in 2000, 2006 and 2009, a recognition of its outstanding achievement to international trade. A further hotel is currently planned for New York.