Descripción de la oferta
Calling all bar enthusiasts, movers and shakers to get amongst Auckland's most exciting opportunity of 2019! Churchills, a sparkling new rooftop gin bar with breath-taking views is set to open in Auckland's CBD May 2019. Churchills, the crowning jewel of Four Points by Sheraton Auckland is seeking a Charismatic and enthusiastic Assistant Manager to help lead, create and develop something phenomenal.
Taking up part of the 20th floor, the 150 square metre bar makes full use of the sweeping, panoramic vistas of the city. There are extensive views to the west with balconies on both the north and south sides. Nowhere else in Auckland can visitors sip on a craft gin and tonic’s or a glass of Sir Winston Churchill’s favourite champagne while enjoying views from the Waitemata Harbour through to the Waitakere Rainforest.
The successful candidate will take on the role to support the General Manager and help lead the team to excellence creating a phenomenal new brand that will be the talk of the town and beyond. The successful candidate will support the General Manager in stock control, daily bar operations, customer service, recruiting, training, payroll processing, performance evaluation, promotions, and releasing of employees. The right candidate while being very skilled and knowledgeable of the above must have a passion for hospitality and create a positive and exciting work environment for the team.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Churchills Operations
•Understands beverage control and stock analysis
• Monitors adherence to all liquor control policies and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with all Marriott’s policies, standards and procedures.
• Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
• Assists with developing menus and promotions as necessary.
• Leads from the front and sets the bar for the team to follow.
Leading Churchills Team
• Trains team members on operating procedures, menus and customer service.
• Supervises team member levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Communicates critical information to Churchills staff regarding each event.
• Delegate’s effectively without micromanaging.
• Ensures all team members have the tools they need to complete the given tasks.
• Motivates the team with enthusiasm, passion and positivity, creating an exciting and professional work environment to thrive in.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds effectively to guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Provides feedback to individuals in an effort to improve service performance.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Managing Human Resource Activities
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Alimentos & Bebidas Otros
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato