Descripción de la oferta
Functions as a Business Leader for the property with a ‘hands-on’ approach. The position has responsibility for all aspects of Food & Beverage and Rooms Operations including guest and employee satisfaction. The Assistant General Manager assists the General Manager in leading the development and implementation of property-wide brand strategy initiatives.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Food and Beverage and Rooms Operations
• Conducts quarterly Food & Beverage audits in accordance with SOPs to ensure the Food & Beverage budget meets targets; reviews results with the General Manager and taking corrective action as necessary.
• Coordinates all Food & Beverage functions and communication.
• Conducts quarterly Rooms Operations audits in accordance with SOPs to ensure the Rooms Operations budget meets targets; reviews results with the General Manager and taking corrective action as necessary.
Managing Property Operations and Department Budgets
• Conducts walk-through to confirm the building is well maintained and guest areas have an atmosphere that meets or exceeds expectations.
• Motivates team to achieve operational excellence; encouraging calculated risk-taking.
• Maintains profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction.
• Maintains the property as a safe and secure facility for guests and employees.
Managing the Guest Experience
• Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, hosts/participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
• Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to establish relationship with customer, understands group needs, sets and manages expectations.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings.
• Reviews guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement; takes corrective action as appropriate.
Supporting the Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Assists in developing strategic alliances with local civic leaders, community and business organizations to further increase brand/product awareness
• Advises brand and regional team of growth opportunities.
• Participates in sales calls, local events and site visits with members of the sales team to acquire business.
• Assists the General Manager in researching and analyzing new products, pricing and services of competition.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Works with the General Manager to develop a schedule that guarantees one of them will be on property during peak times.
• Hires department managers who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the annual performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
• Coaches by providing specific feedback to improve employee performance.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with the leadership team, and ensuring direct reports do the same for their teams.
• Assists in coordinating the development and communication of emergency procedures.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of employees.
• Demonstrates Knowledge of all management contract requirements for the property and ensures compliance with contract and reporting requirements.
• Working with the General Manager to ensure all shifts are covered by the appropriate management or supervisors.
• Provides support for operational functions as needed to meet business needs.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Oran, Algeria
- Departamento de Habitaciones
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible