Descripción de la oferta
An exciting opportunity awaits you at the Four Seasons Resort Nevis! As the first and longest standing Caribbean resort in the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts portfolio, we are looking for a dynamic Assistant Director of Residences with a passion for excellence and great enthusiasm in providing exceptional service standards. Come be a part of our tradition of more than 29 years of authentic Caribbean hospitality.
The Assistant Director of Finance - HOA holds an assistant division head position within the Finance division reporting to Director of Finance
The Assistant Director of Finance - HOA plays an integral role in leading the Residential Financial Administration for 3 separate HOA’s which encompasses over 80 different individual residential owners.
• To assist the Director of Finance in the administration of all financial aspects of the Home Owners Association “HOA”
• To ensure that all local and corporate policies and procedures are observed, and
• To supervise the day-to-day operation of the HOA Accounting matters.
- Thoroughly understand and possess a working knowledge of the Accounting & Finance Manual
- Excellent understanding of Month-End Process including, but not limited to, preparation of financial statements, accruals and journal entries, maintain reconciliations for all HOA balance sheet accounts in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Great attention to detail along with a continuous innovation of daily working of the HOA Finance team under the direction of the Director of Finance.
- Coordinate, observe and prepare all operating equipment and supply inventories in accordance with corporate policies and as directed by the Director of Finance.
- Prepare Daily Cash Position report and maintain the highest level of investment of excess funds in accordance with corporate guidelines as prescribed in the Accounting & Finance Manual.
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparation of all budgets and forecasts.
- Excellent understanding of the current Edition of USALI.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of local, state and federal tax returns and other reporting (applicable to the HOA) on a timely basis.
- Ensure Management Fee expense is calculated accurately per the terms of the Management Agreement, Leasehold Agreement or Easement Agreement and that payments are made or the outstanding liability for the rent accrual exists and is accurate.
- Ensure that each HOA electronic payments have the signatory of a member of Group B on each individual page and the initials of a member of Group A and both members of Group A and B sign the Batch Total of the payment run.
- Ensure strict access controls over unused cheques to prevent improper or unauthorized use of the documents and ensure there is segregation of duties in place to safeguard the writing and voiding of negotiable bank cheques.
- Ensure accurate exchange rates in HOA Financial Reporting are applied to the local currency (where applicable) and valued in the currency stipulated in the Management Agreement.
- Approve all HOA journal entries with supporting documentation (as appropriate) and ensure all non-standard, non-recurring entries are countersigned by Director of Finance.
- Ensure the system is set up to prevent month end closing without all journal entries being posted, updated or otherwise entered into the General Ledger.
- Ensure that monthly reconciliations for all HOA balance sheet accounts are prepared and all HOA bank reconciliations are countersigned by Director of Finance on a monthly and on a quarterly basis; Director of Finance approves all reconciliations paying special attention to reconciling items.
- Coordinate and facilitate external and internal audits to the HOA.
- To have a working knowledge of residential (or other entity) accounting procedures and how it affects the hotel’s financials.
- Continuously strive for improvement of processes and efficiency.
- Monitor and control expenses of the HOA paying special attention to the POs and allocation of expenses and addressing issues that not only have material effect, but also effect the Villa Owners experience.
- Assist the Director of Finance in Forecasting/Budgeting
- Ensure gains/losses on the sale/disposal of fixed assets are properly disclosed and recorded on the Statement of Changes in financial position (SR-25 where applicable) and on the P&L statement.
KEY BEHAVORIAL COMPETENCIES:
- Proven leadership skills in a HOA/Resort environment
- Highest level of integrity and transparency
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills to work with cross-functional teams; negotiate for resources and influence stakeholders and to gain acceptance of and commitment to plans, ideas, initiatives, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare and deliver reports, effective presentations and to facilitate meetings