Descripción de la oferta
Represents the hotel and brand and increases revenues for all special events and group spa by soliciting, selling and closing local business. Develops leads, up-sell events and books private events. Works with clients and stakeholders within the parameters of established guidelines. Verifies that the business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Provides appropriate revenue and sales reports as required. Follows up with clients after functions and network re-booking of any events for future business.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years’ experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, or related professional area.
• 4-year college degree; previous experience in proactive lead generation in hospitality and sales discipline; knowledge of property-specific business segments (e.g. group, catering, transient); knowledge the hospitality industry.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Manages the solicitation, sales and coordination of all Special Event/Pool & Spa sales.
• Participates in all site and pre-planning visits from property group customers.
• Generates detailed weekly call reports with a minimum of 30 complete and qualified sales calls per week, to include 5 outside sales/appointments per week.
• Provides a weekly up to date and accurate “on the books” report. Report should reflect details of previous year’s definite and tentative groups by period.
• Constructs a sales action plan for driving Special Event/Pool & Spa sales.
• Generates each group’s agreement, deposits and correct billing information for every group booked.
• Provides professional group proposals for clients.
• Contacts all definite in house groups to solicit activities.
• Targets group spa accounts with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
• Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Works with the management team to create and implement a Special Event/Pool & Spa sales/marketing plan addressing revenue, customers and market.
• Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of Special Event/Pool & Spa sales promotions.
• Attends Tie Down and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Achieves group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops relationships within the community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities, to include attending community/organization and association events as required.
• Participates in community and hotel networking events (e.g., Rotary Clubs, Chamber of Commerce, etc.).
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Sales Office, Area Sales, Enterprise Sales Team (EST)) to verify that the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
• Partners with Special Events, Event Management, Spa and/or Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Accountable for customer loyalty and property’s brand standards by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience consistent with the daily service basics of the brand.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and verifying their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
• Handles guest complaints and disputes following the instant pacification procedures.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Nashville, TN, United States
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato