Descripción de la oferta
Recommends, coordinates, contracts and produces all entertainment, events and exhibits for resort property. Creates and communicates the vision for the department and oversees all operational, financial, promotional and communications aspects of all events and exhibits. Manages the daily activities and performance of the Special Events and Entertainment Staff. Supervises ongoing and daily performance of consultants, vendor, suppliers and contractors to achieve project schedule, budget, and quality goals for the organization. Produces financial information including Performa's, ROI information for new and existing events. Monitors and analyzes project cost reports and prepares forecast as needed.
Education and Experience
• 4-year Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, or a related professional area; 4 years' experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year graduate degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years' experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Meetings and Special Events Operations and Budgets
• Supervises the research, development and production of all events, exhibits and entertainment for the property.
• Drives room night production and incremental revenues.
• Monitors all operational aspects of projects including set-up, daily schedules, and event management.
• Manages ongoing and daily performance of consultants, vendor, suppliers and contractors to achieve project schedule, budget, and quality goals for the organization.
• Prepares business plans for promotions, events and projects and present to property leadership.
• Works with vendors and clients to determine/negotiate contractual agreements, design, fabrication, installation/dismantling, daily operations, staffing, and reporting of revenues for all events.
• Regulates adherence to all established operational service standards and company policies.
• Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of competition.
• Works with direct reports to review scheduled events and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
• Leads the execution of brand service initiatives in event management areas.
• Develops an event management strategy that is aligned with the company's business strategy and leads its execution.
Leading Special Events and Entertainment Teams
• Manages the daily activities and performance of the Special Events and Entertainment Staff.
• Provides proper staffing levels for all events.
• Serves as liaison with all departmental leaders to coordinate event details, to ensure a high quality customer experience.
• Holds event management team accountable for desired service behaviors related to product and service delivery.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Assists in execution of departmental goals in game plans.
• Supervises brand and regional business initiatives to be implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
• Produces financial information including Performa's, Return on Investment (ROI) information for new and existing events.
• Monitors and analyzes project cost reports and prepares forecast as needed.
• Encourages calculated risk-taking to generate incremental revenue and deliver excellent guest service.
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property.
• Creates and achieves the Special Events and Entertainments' annual operating budget.
• Focuses on building the property's top line revenue by supporting the execution of the annual Special Events and Entertainment Marketing Plan and providing leadership to the teams on post-contractual upselling efforts.
• Works with all areas in the Special Events and Entertainment division to establish content and pricing.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews, selects and trains employees.
• Appraises employee's productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
• Provides for the safety and security of the employees or the property.
• Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
• Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Aurora, CO, United States
- Recreación y Ocio
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato