Descripción de la oferta
Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Director Global Lead Payroll you will be responsible for the leadership and oversight of the end-to-end process for remuneration and related taxes for team members in the US and UK including corporate locations and 300 owned and managed properties. Reporting to the Vice President, Global Head of Centre of Excellence (CoE) Hilton Accounting & Finance Services (HAFS), you will be a key senior leader within the HAFS organization collaborating with the other CoE Global Leads. You will also be a strategic partner to Human Resources, Compensation & Benefits, Shared Service Leadership and Hotel Operations (HR). A key focus of this will be to ensure the appropriate governance and implementation of compensation plans, including executive compensation, are robust and able to deliver against the demands of the business. In addition, you will work closely with Operations, IT and HR to ensure that all systems that capture payroll related data including time management systems. The team will count on your judgement and excellent business insight to lead transformation initiatives and our outsourced activities, and drive an environment of continuous improvement and standardization in a complex, cross-functional organizational environment.
- Establish strategic direction, goals and key initiatives within the global Payroll department based on Hilton''s vision and values.
- Provide leadership over end to end payroll processing performed by both outsourced/3rd party vendors and CoE for over 80,000 team members supporting multiple hotel and corporate operations in both the US and the UK, including union team members (US only).
- Oversight of pension and benefit administration and any associated regulatory reporting requirements; along with a working knowledge of 401K plans.
- Lead change management across the team and actively engage other teams to support cross-functional changes to processes and new ways of working.
- Lead payroll transformation initiatives in both the US and the UK to ensure to successful implementation.
- Manage initiatives to drive continuous improvement in the processing, payroll system configurations and the control environment to ensure payroll calculations are both timely and accurate (according to Department of Labor and other regulatory agencies and jurisdictions in the U.S. and the U.K. as well as Union CBA''s).
- Coordinate to ensure accuracy and timeliness in all tax compliance reporting matters for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Her Majesties Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
- Oversee and enhance the control environment across all Hire to Retire (HTR) processes and ensure compliance with SOX.
- Provide senior management, hotels, operations, and corporate departments with problem resolutions and project management expertise related to Payroll.
- Develop performance measurements and benchmarks to drive improvement across all payroll streams in both the CoE (Memphis and Glasgow) and Shared Service environment (Wilkes Barre and Hyderabad) and third providers ADP (US) and SD Worx (UK).
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate payroll team members to build competence with relevant employees through training, best practice sharing, and establishing work priorities in order to achieve management objectives.
- Align key partners (e.g. customers, business leaders, management, project teams, etc.) on the direction of global processes and encourage collaboration.
- Understand the current high-level technology environment of Cloud based Human Resources and Payroll systems and third party provider opportunities.
- Provide input to evaluations of potential systems and/or upgrades, whether in house or outsourcing service provider systems, based on the current state understanding and future state strategy.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current processes and recommend actions to improve efficiency such as finding opportunities to automate, eliminate non-value add work, system conversions and/or working with third party service providers.
- Coordinate with third-party service providers (outsourcing provider, payroll providers, auditors, valuation specialists, software vendors) to ensure all necessary information is compiled and reviewed and liaise with service provider leadership to resolve escalated issues.
- Work with accounting groups to ensure payroll information in accurately reflected in financial books and records.
What are we looking for?
- Leaders, who are comfortable with mentorship, providing performance feedback to reports, and communicating results and areas for improvement all while leading by example
- Collaborative and organized leaders, who provide dynamic trainings for their team, both in the reporting and compliance functions
- Interpersonal communicators, who will positively influence Hilton''s partners or vendors and who will communicate effectively at all levels including hotels and owners
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, operate with a cool-head under time constraints, and possesses adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals, who have a deep understating of project management and effectively exceed in meeting deadlines, communicating results, and recommending improvements
- Strategic thinkers with the ability to formulate effective goals, objectives and priorities with a long-term perspective
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Seven (7) years of progressive accounting experience
- Five (5) years in a leadership/managerial role
- Understanding of payroll laws and regulations
- Financial and operational analytical skills (operational analysis)
- Experience managing multiple vendor relationships, developing presentations and effectively present to all levels of company
- Excellent proficiency in computer skills (Excel, Word, Windows, PeopleSoft, Oracle Cloud)
- 35% travel availability as necessary to support CoE teams based in Memphis (US) and Glasgow (UK), and Shared Service teams in Wilkes Barre (US) and Hyderabad (India)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master''s Degree
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or equivalent professional qualification
- Eight (8) years of management experience
- Six (6) years of payroll processing experience in a hospitality or hotel environment
- Three (3) years technical expertise with payroll processing in a cloud based environment with a preference for Oracle Cloud experience
- Experience working in a large, complex multifaceted Payroll organization
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Memphis, TN, United States
- Finanzas / Contabilidad
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible