Descripción de la oferta
A Hotline Clerk with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for answering phone calls in a courteous and efficient manner, assisting guests with any questions, concerns or requests and assisting team members with dispatching needs. Dispatches guest and team member requests to Maintenance and Housekeeping. Follows-up to ensure each request is fulfilled in a timely manner. Logs and tracks requests for use by the Hotel to minimize the recurrence of such problems.
What will I be doing?
A Hotline Clerk with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for answering phone calls in a courteous and efficient manner, assisting guests with any questions, concerns or requests and assisting team members with dispatching needs. Dispatches guest and team member requests to Maintenance and Housekeeping. Follows-up to ensure each request is fulfilled in a timely manner. Logs and tracks requests for use by the Hotel to minimize the recurrence of such problems. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Utilizes guest service and communication skills to answer calls from guests, offices and other departments in a pleasant voice, using clear, verbal English communication. Assists caller by answering questions regarding the hotel, its restaurants, shops and activities, local attractions and general information. Takes guest requests for Housekeeping and other items, responding to guest problems such as toilet overflows, air conditioning problems, etc. and accepting dispatch requests.
Utilizes the telephone, radios and paging system to dispatch requests or needs to Housekeeping and Maintenance Team Members as well as any hotel team member required in response to the guest and team member requests. Dispatches work orders from the computer to ensure the appropriate and timely delegation of services.
Fields guest complaints and problems, empathetically listening to the guest and responding to their needs, researching to develop the effective solution. Uses service recovery skills and empowerment to negotiate a mutually agreeable resolution. Remains calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and where the guest is irate, is patient and uses judgment and discretion in working with the guest.
Ensures that all requests for services are answered within 15 minutes from receipt of call. Follows-up with guests and/or departments to give feedback on the status of their requests and/or to determine whether their requests have been met to their satisfaction. Performs additional follow up action until guest requests have been satisfactorily met.
Logs in the computer and/or manually (if computer is down) all incoming calls and related pertinent information, including, but not limited to, guest/caller name, room number/department, reason for call, to whom dispatched, action taken, and how/when resolved. Generates trip tickets and work orders via Hotel Expert computer system upon receipt of telephone requests or written documentation.
Maintains, organizes and retrieves files of records, work orders, reports and other papers related to the Guest Services department. This involves lifting or transporting objects or files up to 50 lbs. to level of up to 6 feet high.
Utilizes the computer to generate tracking and log reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and/or annual basis. Analyzes, sorts and organizes data as required.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
Prior customer service experience preferred. Prior hospitality and/or communications experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Japanese language skills required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy, patience, tact and diplomacy with the customer and providing positive, proactive solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with guests and employees, understand reports and related correspondence and accurately perform essential job functions.
- Considerable ability to listen effectively and speak English clearly on the telephone in a polite and understandable manner.
- Basic mathematical and calculator skills necessary to prepare mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to access and accurately input information suing a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to read the English language to fully comprehend and communicate clearly all guest messages.
- Ability to sit and continuously perform essential job functions in confined spaces in close proximity to other employees.
- Ability to type 35 words per minutes and spell correctly to accurately in put and record information.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push/pull to retrieve and re-file various binders and files levels up to 6 feet high and stand for extended period of time.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!