Descripción de la oferta
A Housekeeper I - Rooms is responsible for cleaning and stocking guest rooms to ensure Hilton''s high standards of cleanliness.
What will I be doing?
A Housekeeper I - Rooms is responsible for cleaning and stocking guest rooms to ensure Hilton''s high standards of cleanliness. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Cleans bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, floor surfaces, furniture, lanais, refrigerators, ice buckets, glassware and coffee maker using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending, stooping, standing and pushing/pulling a wheeled cart up to 500 lbs. Provides turn-down service by partially removing and storing bedspread, replenishing amenities, linens, and supplies. Responds in a timely manner in basic English language to guest requests for items such as an iron, safety instructions, assistance, direction and/or other information as requested.
- Strips and makes beds, changing bed linens which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 25 lbs.
- Dusts, cleans and polishes all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly by using cloths, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending, stooping and standing. Removes dirty room service tray and dishes to service landing.
- Pushes and pulls vacuum throughout entire room and empties trash
- Replenishes amenities, linens, light bulbs on dresser, nightstand and/or floor lamps and supplies in guest room.
- Signs for room keys, retrieves, pushes to assigned rooms and restocks heavy cart. Visually inspects room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion for room. Reports room and maintenance discrepancies via the telephone. Enters SPREE codes via telephone.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skill, and ability. 8th grade education preferred.
Prefer some previous housekeeping experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment on a wheeled cart weighing up to 500 lbs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to clean, dust, polish, scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head, stooping, bending, standing, walking and working continuously for extended periods of time to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to grasp, lift, and/or carry a maximum of 40 lbs.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language sufficient to communicate pleasantly and effectively with employees, staff and guests via the telephone, two-way radio and/or in person.
- Ability to follow instructions, directions, and meet deadlines, including the thorough cleaning of a minimum of 15 credits as specified by management.
- Ability to use telephone instrument to report maintenance discrepancies, enter SPREE codes, and communicate with working supervisor.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Waikīkī, Honolulu, HI, United States
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible