Descripción de la oferta
We are looking for an innovative, self-motivated User Experience Architect with a passion for using technology to solve problems for people. As a member of the [D³] Design, Delivery Development team, the User Experience Architect (UXA) is expected to act as a subject matter expert on consumer behavior on websites in general and on travel websites in particular. The UXA must understand the full consumer experience and be the ''Voice of the Customer" throughout the organization and ensure it is heard in all decision-making processes that impact the consumer – help create and sustain a consumer-centric culture. This is a senior level position.
What will I be doing?
As Director of Digital Experience Design, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Contribute to Hilton''s long-term User Experience strategy roadmap.
- Review and analyze UX and interaction patterns to update the formal pattern library of UX/UI Standards.
- Ensure changes or additions to digital standards are captured, delivered, and documented.
- Organize and lead Design Sprint/Brainstorming workshops.
- Proactively assess and recommend improvements to the user experience.
- Advocate for usability, design and innovation within the organization.
- Develop process flows, conceptual diagrams, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to effectively conceptualize and communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Create user-centric concepts by considering customer feedback, and usability findings.
- Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details.
- Brainstorm with cross-functional teams to help develop a creative direction based on user stories and product requirements.
- Work alongside engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle.
- Work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Confidently defend design rationale used to create solutions in frequent executive-level design reviews.
- Speak authoritatively on concepts of spoken interaction design in daily iterations with product managers, engineers, and testers.
- Work with visual designers and quality assurance teams to ensure integrity of user experience in final product.
- Lead and influence creative process through successful design completion.
- Visualize design problems and information in ways that are easy for other team members to comprehend
- Stay current on emerging technologies and identify opportunities to incorporate best current thinking into product designs
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Contribute to the evolution of user stories.
- Typically works on assignments in one or more business or technical areas, mentors staff, provides management backup, and may lead or manage sizable projects.
- Independently applies specialized skills, conceptual knowledge, training, methods, techniques, and experience.
- May independently coordinate, lead, or manage small /non-complex projects, or independently perform segments of larger projects.
- Accountable for training and assisting others, and can be relied on to troubleshoot problems.
- Troubleshoots problems a significant amount of time, and assists less experienced staff by providing training and guidance
- May supervise a small staff.
- Introduces specialized "state- of -the art" concepts to develop innovative business solutions, and acts as an advisor, mentor, internal consultant, that helps drive new experiences.
- Builds and maintains strategic/effective working relationships across groups and provides efficient, timely, customer service or project/program support.
- Attends meetings and may provide senior management coverage during absences.
- Managing and developing design and UX systems and process to improve efficiency of more junior staff.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities when needed to push forward concepts and ideas.
- Helps build vision and goals for the larger UX team.
What are we looking for?
- Fluent in English
- Expected to align and remain in synch with America''s & EMEA teams
- 12 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- Experience with web and web based devices
- Experience working in a collaborative team
- Experience with common design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, OmniGraffle, etc.
- Understanding of web and accessibility standards
- Excellent communication, presentation, storytelling, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Education:BA/BS/Bachelor''s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Years of related experience 12
- Add''l requirements (i.e. % of travel, etc.):Occasional travel may be required
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience in an agile/scrum environment
- Commitment to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
- Education: MS/MA/Master''s Degree
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Shanghai, China
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato