Descripción de la oferta
A Sous Chef, with the recently opened DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Waterfront, will work closely with the Head Chef to manage aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent guest experience. A Sous Chef will also be required to manage food provisions, train and supervise team members, assist with guest queries, and control costs. Additionally, you'll be innovative, passionate and ready to work collaboratively to ensure the success of your assigned outlet/s.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions;
- Manage the provision of food to outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation;
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly;
- Contribute to menu creation by responding and incorporating guest feedback;
- Ensure the consistent production of high-quality food through all hotel food outlets;
- Manage customer relations when necessary, in the absence of the Head Chef;
- Ensure resources support the business needs through the effective management of working rotations
- Support brand standards through the training and assessment of the team;
- Manage the kitchen brigade effectively to ensure a well-organized, motivated team;
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets;
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships;
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation;
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues; and
- Be environmentally aware.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification (proof may be required);
- Previous success within a restaurant or hotel kitchen, within a similar or equivalent role;
- Excellent planning and organising skills;
- Ability multi-task and meet deadlines;
- A creative approach to the production of food;
- Strong supervisory skills;
- Hold or obtain a National Police Clearance;
- COVID-19 Hygiene Course certificate;
- Good communication skills, and ability to work under pressure and to work both on your own or within the team; and
- Unrestricted Australian Working Rights.
DoubleTree by Hilton prides itself on the little details that have a big impact. That's why our team members worldwide strive every day to bring each guest the special comforts and acts of kindness that are unique to the brand - starting with our signature warm DoubleTree cookie welcome. The DoubleTree by Hilton unique Brand Hospitality of CARE (Create A Rewarding Experience) is a primary reason we have been consistently recognised for our commitment to building a culture of service.
As part of our team, you can expect to receive: competitive industry wages, exclusive food & beverage and accommodation discounts, career development planning and opportunities, and an investment in your well-being to include flexible working arrangements that support you in making space for what matters most.