Descripción de la oferta
Our Steward / Kitchen Porter at DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Waterfront, you will oversee the hotel back-of-house operation by ensuring proper maintenance of all operating equipment and dishwashing machines and providing the highest level of attention to cleanliness and sanitation of all food and storage outlets. This role will be offered on a casual or part-time basis.
Reporting to the Head Chef, this role will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Operate pot-washing machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment following hygiene regulations and company standards
- Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, and emptying of rubbish bins and boxes, ensuring placement in the correct containers
- Ensuring that all kitchen, storerooms and back of house areas are kept clean, and all equipment within the kitchen area is cleaned per the cleaning schedule
- Ensure the correct PPE is in place and guidelines are adhered to
- Observe health, hygiene and safety guidelines when handling hazardous substances and comply with all aspects of health and safety requirements
- Report any maintenance and, or hazard issues to the supervisor on duty
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the hotel's management.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience handling and working with chemicals (desirable)
- A professional attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to perform in a team and autonomously
- Unrestricted Australian Working Rights
- Hold or obtain a National Police Clearance and COVID-19 Hygiene Course Certificate (AHAWA)
- Availability for shift work, inclusive of days, evenings, nights, weekends and public holidays
Our team members worldwide strive every day to bring each guest the special comforts and acts of kindness that are unique to the brand - starting with our signature warm DoubleTree cookie welcome. The DoubleTree by Hilton unique Brand Hospitality of CARE (Create A Rewarding Experience) is a primary reason we have been consistently recognised for our commitment to building a culture of service.
At DoubleTree by Hilton, you can expect to receive: competitive industry wages, team member-only discount on global Hilton room rates and generous discounts on food and beverage offerings, inclusion in a generous bonus scheme, long term career development planning and opportunities, and an investment in your well-being to include flexible working arrangements that support you in making space for what matters most.