Descripción de la oferta
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Majestic Realty Company. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
ABOUT HOTEL DROVER
Inspired by the pioneering spirit of the West, Hotel Drover delivers true Texas hospitality. Named to honor the legendary cowboys who drove cattle to market across the plains, Hotel Drover is an Autograph Collection® property, offering a truly unique guest experience in the heart of the historic Fort Worth Stockyards.
Our goal is simple. To harness the true spirit of the Stockyards through the legacy of the drover, creating an experience that can only be achieved here in Fort Worth. Proud of where we came from, we greet visitors with a tip of the hat and a firm handshake, welcoming all to enjoy life’s simple pleasures and genuine Texas hospitality.
So, dust off your boots, grab your hat and join us at Hotel Drover.
WHO WE’RE SEEKING:
We’re seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of the Fort Worth Stockyards while caring deeply about our brand and community – someone who acts as an extension of our mission, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our employees, guests, and community at Hotel Drover and 97 W.
We want to work with someone who brings a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration, and genuine hospitality to their life and work. We are seeking an individual who has the ability to lead a team to sell the vision of Hotel Drover—a vision that inspires people to come experience a tried and true Texas adventure in the heart of the Fort Worth Stockyards.
We have poured our passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand – and we know that the right Chef de Cuisine for Hotel Drover will be as inspired and passionate about this vision as we are. Care for people, a belief in the power of community, and the desire to create extraordinary experiences drive us. You must apply if these things also drive you!
- Manage the day-to-day operations and assignments of the kitchen staff, communicate goals, and assign/prioritize work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures with all staff. Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure that all menu items are prepared and presented according to established recipes and standards.
- Develop new menus to keep up with business and food trends to increase business and ensure repeat business and increase profits.
- Maintain updated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operations.
- Supervise the cleaning of the kitchen and all kitchen equipment including all dishes, flatware, and related equipment to meet all health and sanitation standards. Ensure that kitchen equipment is in proper working order; notify the maintenance department of any malfunctioning equipment.
- Ensure all staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Participate in the preparation of the hotel’s revenue plan and annual budget.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- May serve as Manager on Duty or assist with other duties as assigned.
- Perform bi-weekly mock dept of agriculture walks with team and Director of F&B.
- Fully responsible for all 97W, ordering, planning, scheduling, menu selections in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Plan, prep, set up and provides quality service in all areas of food production to include, but not limited to hot menu items.
- Direct, train and monitor performance of kitchen staff to establish and maintain effective employee relations and assists the Executive Chef in conducting formal and on-the-job training sessions for kitchen employees.
- Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment and maintains and strictly abides by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
- Assists the Executive Chef in the completion of market lists in accordance with Hotel Drover quality and quantity standards, checks perishable food items received for quantity and quality standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
- Meet with Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipate business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Ensure that assigned staff has reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
- Prepare and assign production and prep work for culinary staff to complete, review priorities.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift. Identify situations, which compromise the department’s standards and delegate these tasks.
- Complete opening duties:
- Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the line and workstations; rectify and deficiencies. Maintain throughout shift.
- Prepare all dishes following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
- Monitor performance of assigned staff and ensure all procedures all completed to the department standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Assist staff where ever required ensuring optimum service to guests.
- Communicate and assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Maintain production charts according to departmental standards.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by health Department and hotel requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean up a more efficient process.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Completion of a degree or certificate in culinary arts and 5+ years of experience as a chef with at least two years in a management
- Assist with inventories as scheduled.
- Maintain daily food purchase checkbook
- Assist in plating up banquet hot meals as assigned.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Perform duties in other areas of kitchen as assigned.
- Work as off-premise functions.
- Research new products, menu items and display presentations.
- Attend designated meetings.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, ordering and receiving inventory, and giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
HOTEL DROVER OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING:
- Personal and professional growth opportunities
- Workplace culture with heart and soul
- Wellbeing benefits for you and your family
- Paid time off
- Career experience of a lifetime
HOTEL DROVER CORE VALUES
- HIT THE MARK, EVERY TIME
- STAY CURIOUS
- BLAZE NEW TRAILS
- HONOR ALL
- DO RIGHT
- SPARK WARMTH
- BE INTENTIONAL
This company is an equal opportunity employer.