Descripción de la oferta
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Responsible to actively maximizing cash-flow opportunities through the effective credit control, cash collection and timely query, resolution on a portfolio of assigned customer accounts. Ensure that the integrity of all work and interactions with customers are completed in accordance with IHG policy and procedures and compliant with Sarbanes Oxley legislation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
- Responsible for the Complex collections portfolio - a) Effective & regular follow up with customers for outstanding receivables b) All aged (90 ) past due items are addressed regularly and escalated c) Ensuring processes and procedures are followed regarding customer contacts, adhering to the process policy, legal requirement, reviewing collection data and allocating resources as needed d) Proactively inform any customer issues and escalation e) Issues & identified mistakes are not repeated
- Develop & maintain relationship with hotels - Listen to and communicate with customer to obtain all required information necessary to determine and address their specific needs; tactfully explain why, if service cannot be provided
- Responsible for reconciliation for customers, research for unapplied cash, preparation of accurate customer level statement to be shared with internal & external customers.
- Assist new members in investigation, analysis and resolution of customer specific issues.
- Responsible for timely responses to internal & external customers
- Ensure all customer records are kept up to date, call logs/conversations in People Soft and all maintenance processes are documented and filed as agreed
- Backup plan during leaves and also assisting other members during the leaves – Ensuring all reports , queries are addressed as per timelines
- Ensuring other portfolios & responsibilities are managed as and when asked or assigned upon
- Assist with daily cash allocation ensuring transactional integrity adhering to consistent departmental policy.
- Assist with the recovery, certification and reconciliation of the withholding tax transactions in line with IHG policies and procedures.
2. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Required Skills –
- Demonstrated intermediate level knowledge of PeopleSoft or other enterprise financial systems and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written English language communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in recognizing and resolving problems or inconsistencies in transactions and systems.
- Ability to influence and negotiate resulting in positive customer payment decisions.
- Bachelor''s Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- A minimum of 2-3 years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency and understanding in one or more functions related to the position.
Number of employees supervised –
Business Impact –
- This position has impact on company cash flow and bond rating
- This position has impact on execution of collection processes within the region.
Decision Making Responsibilities (Decision Rights) –
- This position has impact regarding the prioritization of work and for identifying opportunities for improvement.
Physical Requirements –
- Work is performed in a normal office environment.
- Ability to function effectively in different time zones.
Key Internal Relationships –
- Regional VP’s for Finance and Business Support for the purpose of continuous improvement of all areas in process scope in compliance with specific Service Level Agreements and governmental regulation requirements while ensuring resolution of customer issues.
Key External Relationships –
- Works with Hotel General Managers, Controllers, Owners and managing companies
- Key vendors, professional associations, industry experts to keep informed of existing and evolving industry standards.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Gurugram, India
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible