Descripción de la oferta
InterContinental Washington D.C.-The Wharf is the newest addition to the reimagined Wharf neighborhood. Perfectly placed on the beautiful Potomac River, InterContinental Washington D.C. –The Wharf enjoys the most incredible waterfront views of D.C. Modern luxury, culture, and a rich history combine in the Wharf neighborhood to create a perfect atmosphere for guests and locals alike.
Our convenient location means getting here and getting to center city has never been easier. InterContinental Washington D.C.-The Wharf has immediate access to major roadways, is blocks away from public transit stops, and a short five miles away from the Reagan National Airport.
For 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental Washington DC-The Wharf.
· Supervise the preparation and presentation of all menu items in accordance with established recipes and standards. Assist in the planning of all meals and menus for the restaurant and catered events within brand or local menu guidelines.
· Establish procedures and timeframes for conducting inventory. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, material, and kitchen equipment.
· Recommend and initiate , disciplinary, or other staffing/human resource-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
· Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Maintenance, and Guest Services.
· Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Vendors – to order supplies and equipment
o Health Department and other regulatory agencies – regarding safety matters and kitchen inspections
· May occasionally prepare meals and/or set up and replenish buffets to ensure the smooth operation of the hotel’s food and beverage facilities.
· Manage the day-to-day operations and assignments of the kitchen staff, communicate goals, and assign/prioritize work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures with all staff.
· Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, kitchen inventory and equipment, (2) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (3) to minimize waste and pilferage.
· Ensure that all kitchen equipment, including but not limited to sinks, hoods, coolers, freezers, dishes, flatware, pots and pans, etc., are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all kitchen areas and related storerooms are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume and in accordance with sanitation and health department requirements. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
· Assist sales, catering and banquet staff with banquets, parties and other special events.
· May serve as Manager on Duty or perform other duties as assigned.
Supervises a number of kitchen employees in a small to medium full-service hotel with one or two food and beverage outlets, and catering and banquet facilities serving less than 500 people. May oversee subordinate supervisors or chefs.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Moving about the kitchen
· Handling food, objects, products and utensils
· Bending, stooping, kneeling
In return we''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability, and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what''s your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans