Descripción de la oferta
Do you see yourself as a Steward? What''s your passion? Whether you''re into sports, shopping or spending time with your pet, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to, Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect, Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done. Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special. Originally built in 1924 as the city’s first high-rise hotel, the InterContinental Stephen F. Austin’s rich history and luxurious accommodations offer a truly unique experience of Texas hospitality. Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Austin next door to The Paramount Theatre. Known to Austinite’s as the Stephen F, our historic Art Deco façade has been a famous landmark for more than 90 years.
- Set up work station as required to include filling dish machine, checking chemical levels, presoaking, and gathering required set-up equipment for appropriate work stations. Replenish as needed for all shifts. Rinse/scrape all dishes. Operate dishwashing machine to manufacturer specifications and instructions. Place clean dishes in assigned storage location.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Catering, Banquets, Outlets, and Maintenance.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications. Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Clean designated equipment, such as hoods, filters, steam tables, bus tables, carts, ovens and grills, sinks, refrigerator/freezers, service areas, walls, floors, kitchen cafeteria dump site/compactor area as assigned. Use and dispose of kitchen substances (such as grease) and kitchen chemicals properly.
- Empty and clean trash cans when they become full; transport garbage containers from kitchen and work areas to dump sites; adhere to recycling regulations.
- Set up and monitor the pot sink according to procedures.
- Sweep and mop kitchen floor at the end of each meal period and after each spill.
- Monitor chemicals and water temperature during shift. Clean and organize associated work area and kitchen equipment according to procedures to maximize efficiency.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen or other designated areas
- Handling, objects, products, chemicals, cleaning supplies and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communicating with other people, following instructions.
- Reading abilities are utilized often when reading chemical or machine labels or operating instructions.
- Basic mathematical skills are used to mix chemical solutions.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we''ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself. So what''s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Austin, TX, United States
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible