Descripción de la oferta
Property: Jean-Georges & Nougatine
Position Title: Service Director
Reports To: General Manager
Job Level: Management
Scope of Position
The Service Director is responsible for overseeing the efficient and effective operation of the restaurant through service. In a leadership role, this position is to provide the highest quality of service to guests at all times; maintaining integrity of service and touching tables while on floor to solicit feedback. Responsible as lead authority on the floor regarding service quality. This position also is in charge of staff motivation and training as it relates to service.
Must be authorized to work in the US.
Areas of Responsibilities
* Demonstrate and promote JGM's culture, always positively representing the Company.
* Oversee and ensure service excellence across all FOH departments and FOH revenue centers including host desk, dining rooms, bar, terrace, food service and room service.
* Ensure quality of FOH operations excellence across all meal periods at all times, including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
* Assist with efforts to ensure proper staffing pars, hiring and scheduling across all FOH service departments.
* Oversee service training and development for all FOH departments.
* Enforces all steps of service as well as food and beverage policies and procedures.
* Assist with managing performance reviews for all FOH employees on a consistent schedule.
* Manage and maintain updated menu descriptions, and ensuring advanced menu knowledge for all FOH employees.
* Assist with determining ways to improve the overall guest experience, while optimizing covers and average guest $ check.
* Manage on-going calendar of training events, focused on food, wine and service improvements.
* Perform other job-related activities as required or assigned by supervisor.
Education and Training
* 4-5 years prior front of the house experience in a high-volume establishment.
* 2-3 years experience in a Management level position.
* Previous experience in different hourly roles (has growth history in FOH roles).
* Fine dining experience required.
* College degree preferred.
* Available to work late nights, holidays and long days as necessary.
* Able to stand for a 10-14 hour shift.
* Able to work independently and make the right decisions for the business.
Must be a positive and outgoing team player.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- New York, NY, United States
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato
Relais & Châteaux
Relais & Châteaux is established around the globe, from the Napa Valley vineyards and French Provence to the beaches of the Indian Ocean. It offers an introduction to a lifestyle inspired by local culture and a unique dip into human history.
Relais & Châteaux members have a driving desire to protect and promote the richness and diversity of the world’s cuisine and traditions of hospitality. They are committed to preserving local heritage and the environment, as encompassed in the Charter presented to UNESCO in November 2014.