Descripción de la oferta
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
The hotel encompasses 400 spacious rooms and suites, 15 world-class restaurants and bars, Talise Fitness, Talise Spa as well as elite shopping and lifestyle attractions at the Boulevard, a prestigious retail destination. The award-winning hotel has multiple venues for inspiring events including the grand Godolphin Ballroom and 16 meeting rooms.
An exciting role has arisen in the culinary department for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. The main purpose of this position is to ensure smooth running of the section and see that all areas of section maintain the Jumeirah standards.
Your duties main will include:
- Give tasks to Demi chefs and commis chefs and check that they are carried out in the correct manner
- To fully understand HACCP and COSHH and take appropriate action to maintain a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department
- Using information available, plan preparation, production and cooking of food appropriate to the section, to the required standard, ensuring guest satisfaction by training and monitor junior staff to maintain standards and consistency in food preparation
- Pass all information to the next shift about functions
- Check Demi Chefs/Commis Chefs on his/her section: personal hygiene, Jumeirah standards are in place
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Kitchen Diploma or an apprenticeship or have attended chef’s training courses for at least one year
- At least two years’ experience in a five star hotel
- Good command of the English language (spoken and written)
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; shared room accommodation, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, every two years flight ticket allowances, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato
Jumeirah Emirates Towers - Jumeirah Group
Located minutes from Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Dubai World Trade Centre and The Dubai Mall, Jumeirah Emirates Towers is Dubai’s leading city lifestyle destination and a place where guests can effortlessly switch between business and leisure.