Descripción de la oferta
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the west crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals inspired by the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort offers 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences and the award-winning Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East. The resort offers Sinbad’s Kids Club complete with splash park, nightlife destination MusicHall and a collection of eight diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences. The resort also offers motorised and non-motorised water sports, complete with private jetty offering shuttle boat transfers to and from the main-land of Dubai.
About the Job:
An opportunity has a risen for a colleague to join our Culinary team in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, for a Commis 2 position. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Organize together with the Chef de Partie shifting in the section with regard to mise enpace production and its service.
- Take orders from his/her Chef de Partie and carry them out in the correct manner.
- Responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage.
- Together with his/her Chef de Partie write daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section.
- Maintain good colleagues relations and motivate colleagues.
- Work to the specifications received by the Chef de Partie regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index.
- Attend daily meeting with the Chef de Cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef.
- Check the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization.
- Report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Chef de Cuisine and to follow up and ensure necessary work has been carried out.
- Pass all information to the next shift about functions.
- Comply to all Jumeirah standards and HACCP guidelines.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Male or Female with pleasing personality
- Willing to work in a team
- Demonstrate a passion for quality
- Completed Kitchen Apprentice or Chef’s training courses for atleast one year
- In an International Five star hotel in position of Commis III
- At least three years in a five star International chain hotel
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes: fully furnished shared accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, flight allowance every 2 years, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Alimentos & Bebidas cocina, Catering
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.