Descripción de la oferta
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
An opportunity has arisen for a Steward to join the kitchen team in Jumeirah. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- To provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times following Jumeirah Standards of Performance
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotations within the different sub departments of the Food & Beverage Division or any other Department of the outlet as assigned
- To be fully acquainted with all services and facilities offered by the outlet
- To perform opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned
- To ensure that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times
- To monitor operating supplies and reduce spoilage and wastage
- To perform general cleaning duties as assigned by the Head Chef, Assistant Manager or Team Leader – Stewarding
- To clean and wash dishes according to the established performance standards
- To clean and wash pots, pans and other kitchen utensils according to performance standards
- To empty rubbish bins according to scheduled garbage runs
- To strictly adhere to the opening and closing procedures established for the department
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all cleaning procedures, use of dishwashing machines and the type of chemicals to be used
- To handle guest and employee inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found. Be sure to follow up with guests
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar role or capacity
- Good knowledge of Stewarding machinery and equipment such as utensils, polish, varnish etc.
- At least 1 year Food and Beverage or Stewarding experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of the kitchen
- Good level of English
- Previous experience in working with a multicultural team
- Good communicator
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes shared accommodation, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, flight allowance every 2 years, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Alimentos & Bebidas cocina, Alimentos & Bebidas Otros, Otros
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.