Descripción de la oferta
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the west crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals inspired by the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort offers 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences and the award-winning Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East. The resort offers Sinbad’s Kids Club complete with splash park, nightlife destination MusicHall and a collection of eight diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences. The resort also offers motorised and non-motorised water sports, complete with private jetty offering shuttle boat transfers to and from the main-land of Dubai.
About the Job:
An opportunity has a risen for a colleague to join our Food and Beverage-Service team in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, as a Waiter/ess. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- To always embrace the Jumeirah Hallmarks
- To follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
- To offer guests of the outlet an enjoyable, expertly served beverage/dining experience.
- To anticipate and service of guests' requirements before requests is necessary.
- To serve and clear food and beverage items in an unobtrusive and professional manner.
- To be familiar with the beverage service including stemware used and appropriates garnishes.
- To utilize a "Captain's Pad" correctly and for the sake of communication.
- To complete opening and closing side work as assigned and has all tables set according to standard.
- To present menus and explanations for all menu items as well as specials of the day.
- To present children's menus, when appropriate, and describe specials.
- To utilize the hotel's computer system ringing up sales, printing checks, closing checks and completing closing readings.
- To carry trays, bus and reset tables with linen, china, glass and silver.
- To change ashtrays, serve cigarettes, crumb tables and offer additional beverages and cigars.
- To ascertain a guest's satisfaction and handle any problem, which may arise informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved.
- To service all needs for private dining room or private function.
- To report any accident or guest complaint immediately, no matter how minor, to a manager.
- To recognize and address potential disruptive or undesirable guests.
- To respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- To move tables and chairs
- To breakdown any buffets, displays or side stations when needed
- To clean service area when needed.
- To perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
- To retrieve and stock all linen, china, silver, glassware and food and beverage items.
- To provide unobtrusive and professional service.
- To serve a dish to guests while explaining the contents and preparation.
- To provide water, bread and butter service throughout the meal to guests.
- To offer coffee or tea and serve any requested according to Jumeirah standards.
- To report for duty 5 minutes before the scheduled time, clean and tidy and wearing the correct uniform.
- To carry and break down trays properly and safely.
- To clear tables and reset them for specific number of persons.
- To provide quick and attentive assistance to any mishap in the restaurant.
- To sweep/vacuum the floor before a shift if needed.
- To attends all the training subjects to the service colleagues and follows all rules and policies of the hotel
- To handle cash and credit card procedures according to the guidelines of the accounting department
- To identify potential problems and ask for assistance before breakdown occurs
- To provide lateral service within the hotel whenever needed
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Tertiary Education or Equivalent
- Should have over one year experience in similar position
- Ability to handle large restaurants and guest volumes on a daily basis.
- Should be able to work under pressure in a customer service environment
- Well versed English communication and writing skills.
- Ability to pass proficiency test exams provided by the Department
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes: fully furnished shared accommodation, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, flight allowance your Home Destination upon completion of each 24 months of service which will be paid in two installments; one per anniversary year, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Alimentos & Bebidas servicio
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.