Descripción de la oferta
Kempinski Seychelles Resort Located on the famous Baie Lazare, in the exclusive south-end of Mahé Island, Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare offers guests round-the-clock expertise, dedication and unmatched Creole hospitality in dazzling surroundings of untouched, natural beauty. This beachfront paradise, nestled in a secluded bay at the foothills of a magnificent mountain range, offers a private haven for romantics at heart, an activity-packed family getaway or the perfect destination for corporate gatherings and events
Director of Sales and Marketing
The Director of Sales and Marketing is in charge of reaching the targeted goals as defined in the Sales & Marketing Plan.
Responsible for orienting and following up to materialise the budgeted revenues of respective segments through existing clientele and key prospects.
This position focuses on hotel’s national and international key accounts / key prospects base.
Enables the hotel achieves its financial objectives.
The Sales & Marketing Team that the person is responsible for achieves their revenue objectives.
The person achieves their personal objectives.
The ESS Global Satisfaction score for the Sales and Marketing Department achieves 80%.
At Kempinski, Talent Development is a management responsibility and consequently an integral and important part of our Managers’ daily activities. The Director of Sales & Marketing fulfils their role as a Talent Development Ambassador when:
They actively support and implement Talent Development initiatives as a part of their daily activities.
They identify Training talents in their department and throughout the hotel as per below definition* and actively support their career development.
They support and initiate transfer, cross exposure and task force assignments for their team.
They personally conduct TTTTs with their team on a regular basis and take personal interest for their talents’ development plans.
They recruit and select potential talent according to current and future department, hotel and Kempinski’s needs including conducting interviews for positions in their department
- Supervise preparations and definition of the Sales & Marketing Plan and manual for the department and participate in setting up the sales & marketing policies, procedures and objectives.
- Determine the corporate/travel trade marketing and sales strategy related to pricing and promoting to meet the objectives outlined in the Sales & Marketing Plan.
- Clearly understand and communicate the Corporate and Regional Strategic Sales Objectives to the Sales & Marketing team.
- Handle budgets for miscellaneous sales activities and promotions
- Identify, retain and develop Talent within the team.
- Ensure that regular and appropriate communication is carried out with the Global Sales Offices that assist the Hotel Sales & Marketing team in achieving their goals.
- Carry out on-boarding for all Sales & Marketing colleagues.
- Follow the sales and marketing results (accounts’ room night productivity, revenue, etc.) and propose corrective actions if needed.
- Maintain and maximize the utilization of all automated sales and reservations systems involved with group business.
- Supervise the existence of an efficient follow-up on all leads to maintain a good relationship and generate group/individual leads for the hotel.
- Maintain permanent files for all corporate, group and travel trade account with strong room/night potential.
- Maintain and improve the efficiency of reservation centres, to ensure that information in reservation system’s database is updated. Coordinate such insertions to be realized correctly with the Reservations Manager.
- Through various tools (e.g. media, social events, gatherings with competition etc.), explore economic data, new developments in certain companies’ structures, new assignments, industrial complexes, new business centres, new projects which all could be of interest and benefit of the hotel and distribute this information to relevant staff.
- Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.). Also explore and compare corporate traffic amongst the competition.
- Propose ideas for promotional materials to be distributed during sales calls, international trade shows and for other promotional activities.
- Supervise (and handle when necessary) the group and individual reservation requests. Follow-up the progress of the booked business.
- Set up the corporate rates for local/international companies / travel trade accounts as well as other commercial accounts.
- Collaborate with all local and overseas customers, make personal calls to accounts and trace potential customers.
- Supervise the existence of an efficient customer database system (SFA), which will be capable of identifying to report sales calls and other sales activities and maintain a vigorous updating exercise in certain periods of time.
- Maintain a fair account distribution amongst the sales employees who will be responsible to manage (visit, handling complaints, update information and follow up) their own account group.
- Cascade all relevant key information to the Sales & Marketing team.
- Update customers with the latest development of the hotel and inform hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
- Propose and coordinate the promotional activities undertaken by sales department and / or Food & Beverage.
- Supervise the coordination with the other department heads to ensure quality of guest / group satisfaction
- Project and prepare the participation procedure for domestic or international trade shows, fairs, exhibitions, workshops, road-shows, sales blitzes etc. and participate in such professional business related events.
- Supervise the quotations of group and travel agency rates as well as international corporate rates offered for multinational companies (directly or through travel consortia’s). Make sure that the respective Kempinski Global Sales Offices are informed of such quotations.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Diploma in Business Administration specialized inMarketing; University Degree 1st cycle/ Bachelor Degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years sales and marketing experience in the hotel industry in a 4/5 star hotel category.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Local language – excellent oral and written skills (as applicable)
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect
- Demonstrate the key leadership qualities as identified by the VP Sales
- Analytical approach to problem solving and demonstrated ability to “think outside of the box”
- Demonstrate creative and innovative approach to Sales & Marketing activities
- Negotiation skills and selling skills
- Revenue and target focus
- Knowledge of food and menu preparation, service and presentation as well as pricing and cost strategies
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word), scanning and digital equipment knowledge
- Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering
- To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition they should be especially:
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Discover a career crafted by you!
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare
Job Type: Regular
Job Level: Head of Department
Job Posting: Oct 07, 2020
Unposting Date: N/A
Job Number: 200001FA