Descripción de la oferta
Executive Sous Chef
The incumbent in this position is under the direction of the Executive Chef and within the limits of established Kempinski procedures, assists in the direction of all aspects of the food production and Stewarding operations.
Kempinski Seychelles Resort
Located on the famous Baie Lazare, in the exclusive south-end of Mahé Island, Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare offers guests round-the-clock expertise, dedication and unmatched Creole hospitality in dazzling surroundings of untouched, natural beauty. This beachfront paradise, nestled in a secluded bay at the foothills of a magnificent mountain range, offers a private haven for romantics at heart, an activity-packed family getaway or the perfect destination for corporate gatherings and events
- Handling of application in a prompt and effective manner.
- Assist with organizing special events and special food promotions.
- Assist the Executive Chef in developing training plans, develop training material in accordance with Kempinski guidelines and implement training plans for the Food Production employees and other Food and Beverage employees.
- Assume the duties and responsibilities of the Executive Chef in their absence.
- Assist the Executive Chef in developing and maintaining up-dated operations manuals for all Food Production and Stewarding sections and in developing recipes and maintaining up-dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
- Participate and supervise the kitchen in the preparation and presentation of all food items in accordance with the hotel’s food and beverage standards and standardized menu guidelines.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene.
- Work with Executive Chef and Director of People Services to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive and assists in planning for future staffing needs.
- Assist in maintaining a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation.
- Ensure training needs analysis of Kitchen staff is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines.
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Approve leave after consideration of hotel occupancy.
- Work with Executive Chef in the preparation and management of the department’s budget.
- Demonstrate awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Implement and practice HACCP.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
• Gastronomic education certificate or equivalent (apprenticeship/diploma/BA/Bsc)
• Minimum 6 years kitchen experience
• Minimum 3 years in kitchen management role, preferably with an international 5* hotel chain
• HACCP certification
• Experience in a standalone F&B operation is beneficial
• International experience is preferred
• Banqueting experience is preferred
• Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
• Local language – excellent oral and written skills where necessary
• English – excellent oral and written skills
• Additional language - beneficial
• Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
• Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
• Works in a safe, prudent and organised manner
• Knowledgeable of food safety regulations
• Computer literacy adapted to the field of culinary
• Ability to operate computer and office equipment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Kempinski Seychelles Resort Baie Lazare
Job Type: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Specialist
Job Posting: Oct 15, 2020
Unposting Date: N/A
Job Number: 200001GQ