Descripción de la oferta
Shangri-La Group is one of the world’s premier developers, owners and operators of hotel and investment properties which comprises office buildings, commercial real estate and serviced apartments/residences. The Group’s other principal activities include hotel management services as well as property development for sale. It currently owns and/or manages over 100 hotels globally in more than 75 destinations under the Shangri-La, Kerry, Jen by Shangri-La and Traders brands. Prominently positioned in Asia, the Group has a substantial pipeline of upcoming hotel and mixed-use development projects in Australia, Bahrain, Mainland China, Cambodia, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia.
Renowned for its distinctive Asian hospitality, the luxury hotel group operates five Shangri-La properties in Hong Kong, where the company is also headquartered, including Kowloon Shangri-La, Island Shangri-La, Kerry Hotel Hong Kong, Jen by Shangri-La, Hong Kong and The Aberdeen Marina Club, offering guests an array of options across the different brands to suit every guest’s needs.
As an employer with industry leading levels of colleague engagement, our people are our priority. Our success is only made possible through the efforts and abilities of over 42,000 colleagues worldwide. In accordance with this belief, the focused investment we make in the learning and development of our colleagues is unparalleled in the global hospitality industry. From welcoming new colleagues to best-in-class leadership development programmes, employee potentials will be identified and nurtured throughout their career with the Group.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Hygiene & Sanitation Manager is responsible for the maintenance/upgrade of sanitation and hygiene standards to ensure all food served to guests and employees are free of microbiological, chemical and physical contamination and all work areas conform to required Hygiene and Sanitation levels
1. Food Sanitation and Staff Hygiene
- Prepares the planning and organizing schemes through information acquisition, which is the key to creating a smooth running office.
- In accordance with the Hotel and HRD policies and in coordination with HR Secretary, is responsible for requisitioning all supplies for the office and constantly follows and encourages efficient and economic utilization of supplies by the clinic personnel; supervises maintenance of adequate stock of supplies for use by the clinic staff.
- Responsible for effective and efficient maintenance of records related to the Hotel’s sanitation and hygiene efforts/program.
- Formulates and maintains an up-to-date methodology manual that is constantly available for use and review by the section personnel.
- Is responsible for promoting effective dissemination coordination with the rest of the staff in the Hotel.
- Is responsible for the office/section area being clean and orderly with an organized and efficient workflow.
- Performs special assignments and projects assigned to the office by the superiors.
b) Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Monitors, assists and performs all procedures and protocols for maintaining an excellent sanitation and hygienic environment.
- Is part of the Hotel’s Sanitation Team, which conducts regular sanitation inspections throughout all food handling areas.
- Continually liases with external agencies (laboratory, government bureau, health practitioners, etc.) on sanitary matters.
- In consultation with the Chef, the different food outlet managers and Engineering, is responsible for an efficient, effective and documented preventive maintenance program for all equipment which pertains to the preservation of food materials (Fridge & Freezers), food processors, and all other equipment used that are involved in the preparation of food.
- Develops initial guidelines for use in Sanitation and Personal Hygiene Inspections, and ensures that said guidelines are consistently and continuously adhered to.
- In coordination with the Medical personnel, is responsible for scheduling the regular sampling of food and water for bacteriology so as to guard the sanitary value of the food and water served to the guests.
- In coordination with the Medical personnel, is responsible for scheduling the regular check-up of all personnel involved in food service for them to be always healthy and during call of duty.
- Recommends procedural modification to ensure sanitation and hygiene standards are upgrade/maintained.
- To critically review the monthly Intertek report, ensure concerned areas are addressed in a timely manner and communicate related short fall for the hotel management.
- To carry out independent intermittent, swabs of work surfaces, kitchen equipment, knives slicing machines and chopping boards and communicate results.
- To monitor that desired refrigeration, cold room and ambient temperatures are maintained in all work areas.
- To monitor on a regular basis the loading/receiving bay sanitation condition, the condition of the suppliers food transportation vehicles and carry out intermittent spot checks on the sanitation levels of fresh and frozen goods delivered
2. Sanitation & Hygiene Information Drive
- In coordination with HRD and Communications, drafts/designs/proposes advertisements materials for internal use.
- In consultation with the Training Manager, the F&B Director and other Division/Department Heads, Supervises the attendance, conduct and training program for the personnel in food services to observe and practice proper system and technique in keeping the working area sanitary and hygienic.
3. Propose and maintain minimum standards in all work areas, stores, receiving, Cleaning and disposal areas to adhere at all times to required hygiene standards
4. SFSMS/ HACCP Training, Document Control and Update
5. General Duties
- Conducts/Attends briefings needed/required
b) Care of Equipment
- Maintains and handles with care equipment used
- Reports malfunction or maintenance deficiencies to appropriate personnel immediately
c) Training & Employees:
- Attends scheduled trainings
- Participates actively in company – initiated employee activities
d) Grooming & Hygiene:
- Adheres to the specified hygiene and personal appearance standards of the Hotel and his/her area
- Reports to work on time as scheduled. Adheres to the set procedures for attendance and timekeeping
e) Company Policies & Procedures
- Familiarizes oneself, and adheres to the provisions outlined in the Employee’s Handbook, Disciplinary Code and Rules and Regulations
- Involves actively in the protection of the Environment; reduces consumption of consumables (electricity, gas, water, supplies, etc.), re-use and recycle whenever possible. Dispose of waste in accordance with established guidelines for waste segregation
- Familiarizes and abides by the requirements of ISO14001 and the hotel’s environment management system (EMS), Including Occupational Health Safety and Assessment Series (OHSAS)
- Monitors on a regular basis the loading/receiving bay sanitation condition, the condition of suppliers’ food transportation vehicles and carries out intermittent spot checks on the sanitation level of fresh and frozen goods delivered
- The above key areas, responsibilities and activities reflect the items considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job
- Oral and written fluency in Chinese and English
- College degree or the equivalent in Biology / hygiene and attended qualified training programs on hygiene and food safety
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar capacity and worked in a hotel
- Details oriented person
- Displays initiative
- Commitment to professional values and upholds standards